ELECSA Certification Scheme elecsa assessment wednesday

Discuss elecsa assessment wednesday in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

j_wheatley

hi everyone. hope im not just going over old ground but I have my first elecsa assessment on Wednesday and im really nervous about it. ive not done any testing other than the basic small setup at college and im realising just how different it is in the real world. I have a new CU as my job to show and all my paperwork is in order, I have everything they ask for on the welcome pack. just really nervous and wanted and tips or pointers on how to make this go smoothly and with a pass at the end. got a lot riding on passing this with the money spent so really need it to go well. just wanting to know what to expect with regards to questions etc as I really don't want to get caught out as well as bricking it!! thanks in advance guys.

It's not all that hard mate, I too had a cu change in my house and it went well, the assessor will help you out if you're struggling, just be safe and show him you are!

cheers fellas. erm assessor is trevor preston. gonna get some English breakfast in and a few good biscuits in, CU was in a flat and still having trouble with some of the readings. im sure they aint there to catch you out, just haven't had much experience as wanted to get part p under my belt before I set off, probably best to just calm down a bit and make sure I get the basics right. thanks guys

If you have little to no experience then are you sure you are ready to be taking on the responsibility of signing off electrical installations as being safe and compliant?

davesparks, I do not have much experience of the testing part as I have a full time job at the moment as a external lighting installer and have put myself through C&G 2330, 17th edition and 2392. I do feel ready and would like to think I work in a safe and compliant way. I did run through this with elecsa and they said my qualifications meant I could apply, im not saying this is in any way enough but I have put the time into this and I do have to start at some point so yes I do think im ready. thank you for your post (not being sarcastic) and hopefully im overthinking the worry of the assessment. cheers.

Don't worry about the assessment too much, when I had an ELECSA assessment I deliberately disconnected the bond to an extraneous part to see if he would notice. He didn't notice at all and went bright red when I pointed out that he had just passed me on an installation which was dangerous!

blimey! will try not to worry. wish I had had more experience to date but I cant start worrying about that now. just got a lot riding on it but if im not ready and it shows then so be it. just want to do it all by the book and get cracking. thanks for the reply.

Remember that the assessment is a means to assess your competence, it is not an exam to struggle at or a test with specific questions.
You have just said go by the book, this is a possibility, have the OSG / BS7671 to hand and if you are not sure say so e.g. I think we are talking about Zs here I will just check up on the details in section 41 of BS7671. This shows you have thought about the question are getting close to the answer, you know where to look up the information and can then give a complete answer.
This is acceptable practice for the assessment, it is important that you get it right at the end (and preferably throughout) but if this is doen right by following the book this is still right.

As you have all the paperwork, certificates and books to hand you should not have a problem.
Talk to the assessor, it is in his interest to have you pass as well.

Relax and do not worry, (if you find out how to do this, let me know!:smile:)

hi everyone. hope im not just going over old ground but I have my first elecsa assessment on Wednesday and im really nervous about it. ive not done any testing other than the basic small setup at college and im realising just how different it is in the real world. I have a new CU as my job to show and all my paperwork is in order, I have everything they ask for on the welcome pack. just really nervous and wanted and tips or pointers on how to make this go smoothly and with a pass at the end. got a lot riding on passing this with the money spent so really need it to go well. just wanting to know what to expect with regards to questions etc as I really don't want to get caught out as well as bricking it!! thanks in advance guys.
Brown envelope, 400 sobs in it and nvq 3 level and your in chuckle.

ha, cheers Richard. yeah if I do work out how to do that ill let you know. thanks for the advice its all on board. just got to do as much as I can before Wednesday and then just get on with it. thanks again and if all else fails ill get the brown envelope ready!!

davesparks, I do not have much experience of the testing part as I have a full time job at the moment as a external lighting installer and have put myself through C&G 2330, 17th edition and 2392. I do feel ready and would like to think I work in a safe and compliant way. I did run through this with elecsa and they said my qualifications meant I could apply, im not saying this is in any way enough but I have put the time into this and I do have to start at some point so yes I do think im ready. thank you for your post (not being sarcastic) and hopefully im overthinking the worry of the assessment. cheers.
How many months/years of actual on site experience have you got?

Worse Case, We have to ditch the body, and i vote in ACID that way no Body no crime.. But most of ALL

the-hitchhikers_00251055.jpg

Hi guys. So had the assessment. Straight at ease and we went through everything. Really nervous but shouldn't have been. He was a really nice guy and knew his stuff. Even gave me a run down of potential dangers of the metal clad CUs on a TT system. Good to know. Did the tests at the house and he put me down as an A! Over the moon about it and looking forward to cracking on with some jobs now. Will start small at first to get myself back up to speed then move up from there. Thanks for all the advice and support.

jay

Reply to elecsa assessment wednesday in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net