ELECSA Certification Scheme Elecsa assessment

Discuss Elecsa assessment in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

m top

Had my elecsa assessment today and pleased to say I passed I thought I would post up questions asked ect for other forum members who are taking there first assesment my assessor was mr michael mayhe who was very helpful and put me at ease from the start.
went through paper work ect if you tick off check list provided you will have no issues book req.
bs 7671 ,on site guide,gd 3,memorandum electricity at work regs 1989,electricians guide to building regs (not essential but handy to have)
Questions asked on building regs approved doc A B C E F L1 M
structure depth chases ,holes in joists
smoke alarm placement
no of energy efficient lights in new builds
extraction ventilation rates.

Testing my job was a consumer unit install
SAFE ISOLATION
r1 r2 on radial cuircuit ,didn't have to test ring but had to explain how this would be done and what reading would be expected.
Checked sleeves on switch wires.
performed ze Pfc psc was asked what reading would be expected tncs <.35 ohms ect.
zs on sockets asked max for certain cuircuits
rcd test on sockets asked to explain reading testing currents ect.

all in all was not as bad as I thought it would be ,and gained an A no observations if you know how to test you will be fine.

i have recently enrolled on the 2395 to further my learning the assessor said that from next year the enrollment process will be changing for elecsa the qualifications you will need will be a minimum of nvq level 3 along with current wiring regs however he did not say when these changes are coming into place .
I hope this post will help anyone preparing for the assessment in the coming weeks thanks.

Over 12 weeks of waiting and chasing before my NIC assessment finally took place! I considered Elecsa and very nearly told NIC to stuff it.
The electrician I have been working with has been with elecsa years and has nothing but praise for them was enough for me ,after today's experience I think I made the right choice.

Had my elecsa assessment today and pleased to say I passed I thought I would post up questions asked ect for other forum members who are taking there first assesment my assessor was mr michael mayhe who was very helpful and put me at ease from the start.
went through paper work ect if you tick off check list provided you will have no issues book req.
bs 7671 ,on site guide,gd 3,memorandum electricity at work regs 1989,electricians guide to building regs (not essential but handy to have)
Questions asked on building regs approved doc A B C E F L1 M
structure depth chases ,holes in joists
smoke alarm placement
no of energy efficient lights in new builds
extraction ventilation rates.

Testing my job was a consumer unit install
SAFE ISOLATION
r1 r2 on radial cuircuit ,didn't have to test ring but had to explain how this would be done and what reading would be expected.
Checked sleeves on switch wires.
performed ze Pfc psc was asked what reading would be expected tncs <.35 ohms ect.
zs on sockets asked max for certain cuircuits
rcd test on sockets asked to explain reading testing currents ect.

all in all was not as bad as I thought it would be ,and gained an A no observations if you know how to test you will be fine.

i have recently enrolled on the 2395 to further my learning the assessor said that from next year the enrollment process will be changing for elecsa the qualifications you will need will be a minimum of nvq level 3 along with current wiring regs however he did not say when these changes are coming into place .
I hope this post will help anyone preparing for the assessment in the coming weeks thanks.
well done.

:hurray::party::drummer::50:

Reply to Elecsa assessment in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net