ELECSA Certification Scheme Elecsa assessment

Discuss Elecsa assessment in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Victor

-
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Please be gentle with me...... having spent the last 12 years living in France, we have now relocated back to the UK, so a lot of this is new to me.

Having applied to Elecsa and completed the on-line theory assessment, I have now been given a date for the practical assessment but would like some advise as what to expect on the day please. Also what do I need to provided with regards to risk assessment/method statement etc and where is the best place to get certs from.

Any advise will be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Victor

Just had my assesment i copied and adjusted the example risk assesment and h&s policy they sent with paperwork to suit.he checked my qualifications.previous certs. Invoices.testing equip and calibration certs. Public liability.and a notifiable job (new install ring main in my case)they send u a check list so long as your paperwork is in good order and youve done a good job should have no probs.good luck

Scott has covered most of it.
You can download for free the model forms from the IET as the cheapest and easiest method, you can make up your own forms or you can buy books of forms from wholesalers or your schemes shop.

The day should be fairly straightforward so long as you know, or know where to look up, the information they ask then you will be OK.
Make sure you have all the items required in the checklist, insurance, calibration certificates, completed I&T forms, all the needed books.

The assessor will check your paperwork ask a few questions and then go and see the sample work and ask you to perform a few (basic) tests.

Grade A pass see you next year!

Also search on the forum for 'got my assessment' or read the similar threads below these posts and you will find a lot of similar responses.

Good luck (hope you have paid already!)

Hello the man turned up at 9.30am. He checked insurance, risk assessment, calibration cert, qualifications. Then looks over a notifiable job you have done. He will want to see safe isolation. Did ze at consumer unit, zs on a shower circuit. Continuity check of earthing to boiler and incoming water. Rcd x1, x5, ramp test. r1 r2 at socket not consumer unit. Covered IP ratings, zones, depth of chases, Drilling joists. checked you knew about disconnection times, max length of circuits, size of cabling, volt drop. He never had no tea and no biscuits even though offered. He left at 12.

As all of my previous work has been in France, the current job wll be the first I have done in the Uk in a long time. So a Part P assessment is totally new to me.

The job I have lined up to show them is a full rewire including new CU, which according to the lady I spoke with at Elecsa satisfies both a notifiable and non notifiable job.

I have notified LABC. so have covered myself prior to the assessment (I think)

As all of my previous work has been in France, the current job wll be the first I have done in the Uk in a long time. So a Part P assessment is totally new to me.

The job I have lined up to show them is a full rewire including new CU, which according to the lady I spoke with at Elecsa satisfies both a notifiable and non notifiable job.

I have notified LABC. so have covered myself prior to the assessment (I think)

and the certs you have ready are?

You have paid your fees, so you are in. If you fall short on anything, they will give you an action plan of sorts, and time to put things right and in the meantime you will be free to notify work. But ultimately they want and already have your cash. I was with Elecsa for years, never had any problems, their assessors are Electricians just like us, and are assessing you against a set standard, and are there to help not hinder you.

Cheers............Howard

Cheers.............Howard

Oh Dear this means means we have lost our main man in France!! lol!! What made you pack it all in, in France and come back to the UK Victor??

As far as joining a Scam Provider, if a 17 day whizz kid can breeze through these numpty so-called assessments, i don't think you'll have any problem whatsoever. It's based solely around handing over money, the rest is just a superfluous going through the motions exercise!! lol!!

He never had no tea and no biscuits even though offered. He left at 12.

You know, it's funny you say that, my NICEIC bloke who comes each year, he drives from Huddersfield I think to see me in Leicester, I offer him cups of tea or coffee, and have a selection of different packets of chocolate and plain biscuits out, but he to date has never had a drink or even a biscuit.

You know, it's funny you say that, my NICEIC bloke who comes each year, he drives from Huddersfield I think to see me in Leicester, I offer him cups of tea or coffee, and have a selection of different packets of chocolate and plain biscuits out, but he to date has never had a drink or even a biscuit.

If I did his job, I would be cautious of regular poisoning attempts too.

...These poor maligned scam assessors...come on lads we have to have rules,and they apply them,i mean,if we didn't have rules,where would we be? ...Oh yes...in France:tounge_smile:

Oh Dear this means means we have lost our main man in France!! lol!! What made you pack it all in, in France and come back to the UK Victor??

It just got too expensive to live over there. Their taxes are far too high and combined with the necessary insurances/material costs, you just cannot earn a living wage. Even though I had a full order book so to speak, I just could not turn the work around fast enough to stay in front of the taxation system.

However I am still happy to give advice to anybody that wants it on French electrics.

Reply to Elecsa assessment in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net