ELECSA Certification Scheme Elecsa assessment

Discuss Elecsa assessment in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Victor

-
Reaction score
Had my first Elecsa assessment this morning and have to say that my overnight panicking was totally uncalled for.

I was asked lots of questions most of which I was able to answer without referring to the guide/reference books and asked to do several tests at the CU.

All in all very happy with my 'A' pass and no observations.

For anyone that has got an assessment coming up please don't panic as I did, it is not that bad.

Don't want to knock your success Vic well done but what does that tell you about the scams?

I remember my first assessment, Really panicked but after 5 minutes the guy said he can tell when someone knows what they are talking about straight away. never looked back after that

I've got my NICEIC AC assessment on thursday, first AC one, I cant say as I am in the slightest bit bothered, I am sure it will be fine, I have already paid a month ago LOL.

I've got my NICEIC AC assessment on thursday, first AC one, I cant say as I am in the slightest bit bothered, I am sure it will be fine, I have already paid a month ago LOL.

Well there you go job done, good luck doubt if you will need it though

Had my first Elecsa assessment this morning and have to say that my overnight panicking was totally uncalled for.

I was asked lots of questions most of which I was able to answer without referring to the guide/reference books and asked to do several tests at the CU.

All in all very happy with my 'A' pass and no observations.

For anyone that has got an assessment coming up please don't panic as I did, it is not that bad.

Well done Victor hope it all goes well for you!

Well done mate Its only easy if you know the answers lol and can carry out safe isolation and testing and your Installation looks decent mainly the CCU is were they poke there nose or odd switch or socket first year
But most of all its the ÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁ they want
Next year will be easier and the year after easier still lol
But the ÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁ is still hard to hand over I spend more on being registered than I get back lol

Anyway congratulations I wouldnt have ever been happy if I hadnt got As every time lol

Thanks for all your comments.

One of the reasons that I am very happy, is that for the past 12 years I have had to cope with French electrics and their regs. However now I am back in Blighty, there are seem to be far more hoops to jump through just to get registered its all a bit a a minefield, but I have done it.

Did you 'accidently' overpay, just to make sure? :wink_smile:

Tempting but no, the cheque cleared fine.

ive got 5 jobs for them and plenty of paperwork, method statements and risk assessments, tea and biscuits etc.

ive ce got the following to show him.

1. Full rewire of 3 bed semi
2. Two storey extension
3. Consumer unit change
4. Garage conversion
5. Consumer unit change + misc other work in house

Next year I'll hopefully have a load if commercial due to the AC status.

Reply to Elecsa assessment in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net