Discuss ELECSA defines LANDLORD property as Commercial in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Just out of interest why does the misguided Part P/Pee/Poo (whatever it is - I don't have any dealings with it) consider that domestic installations are higher risk than commercial and industrial installations for example?

Doesn't seem to make any sense to me.

I believe it is because commercial and industrial premises are under some form of supervision of sorts, where as a dwelling has to contend with anything from from small children up to and including old people, who are deemed to be 'ordinary' and not skilled or trained supervised etc.

A factory will almost certainly have someone in charge.

been told wrong then.

unless you have a link or offical source for this claim ?

Exactly Biff, that is why I have not phoned them yet, on the strength of a rumour on the net.

I have signed off landlords electrical work in the past, where you can send the paperwork to a different address to the one where the work was carried out.

I do notice on the Elecsa website it mentions "private dwellings" though, I might ask them on Monday as I cannot be ar*ed to talk to them today.

I try not to talk to them if possible, I rarely, if ever, need advice on domestic.

just phoned, 2 HMOs we look after, who are decent landlords.....both have looked at their certs signed off by 2 different companies, one cert issued November 2013. Both certs are by Part P companies, and Greenwich Council have issued HMO licences, with no problems.

It is obviously wrong because, according to this, for example, a block of flats would be under Part P if an owner lives in one of the flats but not if they were all rented.

Again, according to this, a flat you were working in would not be under Part P if ALL rented, How would you know?

Reply to ELECSA defines LANDLORD property as Commercial in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net