Discuss ELECSA / NICEIC - CERTSURE in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

FatAlan

-
Trainee
Esteemed
Supporter
Reaction score
Got my ELECSA annual assessment on Friday. Doing it on-line. Been brought forward a week as the assessor, who is apparently one of a number who are technically self employed is being kicked into touch by CERTSURE due to the current crisis!
Pardon my ignorance but has anyone had a refund on their scam fee? Times are tough but you would have thought they’d still have the same number of assessments to do!

no they asked me too do this Friday so it must be you got that slot. My insurance runs out to tommorow and still waiting, I rang up to see if I could get another appointment on line. no insurance no go.

Hmm sounds like this is one of the more cynical and hard nosed businesses as far as the current situation is going, who'd ever have thought it eh ? :rolleyes:

Obviously, I have no idea about their business and other revenue streams. I wonder how many sparks out there have put assessments / scam fees on hold till business picks up again?

If Sky can offer a refund for their Sports :) pressures on Certsure.

If you guys haven't got money coming in, or jobs to do for the foreseeable future, think I'd be looking for a refund or extension on my membership.

Hi - once they decide to do the annual reviews by phone the assessments per day goes way up due to no travelling time. I’m thinking the field assessors normally do 2 to 4 folks per day based on travel etc. With no travel etc (courtesy CV19) and a bit of thought I’d think you could do one an hour like clockwork. Not good for the field based contractors I guess... I have no work at all and the costs just keep ticking up. And all that gaffa tape is not cheap either.

Reply to ELECSA / NICEIC - CERTSURE in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

In addition to the 4 main, well known competent persons schemes (NICEIC, ELECSA, NAPIT and STROMA), there is apparently another, lesser known...
Replies
Views
Certsure: Where are the threads about Certsure? Considering this company own pretty much all certification companies. And perhaps are trying to...
Replies
Views
NICEIC Certification Scheme interesting convo with NICEIC today
Had my annual visit today, passed so all good. Discussed when exactly i was meant to have the 18th edition, he said that actually i didnt need to...
Replies
Views
ELECSA Certification Scheme Elecsa Technical Support
I'm registered with Elecsa, and quite often use their Technical Support facility. Recently I emailed Elecsa with a couple of questions for their...
Replies
Views
ELECSA Certification Scheme Niceic vs Elecsa
Now about to setup business self employed and will need to be approved contractor... As above who would you go for? Niceic or Elecsa? Another...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock