NAPIT Certification Scheme Elecsa or Napit

Discuss Elecsa or Napit in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Thinking of registering early next year, don't fancy paying all that money for NIC. Has anyone found either Elecsa or Napit better? Not sure on this one. Been told Napit, out of the two

I think they are all about the same fella TBH, I am NIC myself, but not too impressed by them these days, I suppose the cheapest may be the best bet for a new self employed spark, best of luck.

I see that us Elecsa and NIC guys are now on an official "Electrical Safety Register". What register do Napit members belong to?

Have you missed all the fun? :lol:

ELECSA/NIC => Electrical Safety Register. looking like it is closed shop so I am not sure if anyone else can join.
NAPIT => electricsafe register. Claim anyone from any scheme can add themselves for free.
competentperson.co.uk. Everyone added automatically but it is claimed that the public are too confused so don't use it.........

Have you missed all the fun? :lol:

ELECSA/NIC => Electrical Safety Register. looking like it is closed shop so I am not sure if anyone else can join.
NAPIT => electricsafe register. Claim anyone from any scheme can add themselves for free.
competentperson.co.uk. Everyone added automatically but it is claimed that the public are too confused so don't use it.........

Yeah, sorry brman, I obviously missed all the fun on this one. Though I'm in Elecsa, I do think "electricsafe" seems more catchy :)

Yeah, sorry brman, I obviously missed all the fun on this one. Though I'm in Elecsa, I do think "electricsafe" seems more catchy :)
so do I but some enterprising person owns the electricsafe.co.uk domain and wants £1500 for it. I suspect they were all too skint to cough up... :lol:

Elecsa are sound mate if you ring them up theyre willing to help and advise most probaly for your cash though
But my overall experience is a good one apart from handing them large amount of cash and ensuiring i have all relevent books and test equipment etc etc
which with NIC couldnt be bothered to advise, call back or email so i chose elecsa
as for napit considered these myself to join this scheme you have to have 2391-10 or get it within a year or equivalent 2394 95 and i believe they also do there own napit version of 2391

in the end it was elecsa willingness to help as the reason I chose them they will even let you speak to there tech line before regsistering to advise you on what jobs or if you need some general advice

the choice is yours probably all very similar really
stroma are cheapest but havnt heard much about these and what i have hasnt been much good and nobodys hardly heard of them

I've signed up with Stroma (£300 inc VAT). They are a government recognised certifying body and by far the cheapest. Certs are £1.50 ex VAT. I found the assessor professional and thorough.

Its out of my remit to say whether its worth going for the better known ones as I am very new to electrics, but I'd guess that a domestic customer isn't too concerned who you are with and probably wont have heard of any of them.

Good luck.

ps.. link to Stroma site.. Competent Person Scheme (CPS) Fees | Stroma

I've signed up with Stroma (£300 inc VAT). They are a government recognised certifying body and by far the cheapest. Certs are £1.50 ex VAT. I found the assessor professional and thorough.

Its out of my remit to say whether its worth going for the better known ones as I am very new to electrics, but I'd guess that a domestic customer isn't too concerned who you are with and probably wont have heard of any of them.

Good luck.

ps.. link to Stroma site.. Competent Person Scheme (CPS) Fees | Stroma

You're right in that domestic customers haven't heard of any of them. Most haven't heard of part P and don't care who does the work as long as it works and it's cheap.

It may appear that the nic,elecsa and esc may have stumbled across loads of threads on the forum bitching and moaning about part p and wanting a register of electricians etc,so at least a little is changing hopefully for the good of all but maybe confuse the customer even more.Done a small commercial job last week,no part p involved bliss!!!!

Go for Stroma. Just got in myself and overall would recommend.(time to spare?- read my thread in new members!)

As for the hideous costs, these will only come down when the scam providers read the IET rules and start extending the period between assessments up to the max 3 years allowed. Stroma are 2/3 the price of the others. Good Luck!

Reply to Elecsa or Napit in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net