Discuss Elecsa registration in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

armbands0

Hi all, just to let you know, I passed my assessment today with Elecsa.

Nice chap, asked sensible questions and did not try to catch me out with trick questions.

Somewhat relieved, after 2 years of trying to get a job in the industry, I can now work for myself, just have to find the work.

Cheers for all your help leading up to today and I shall hope to pick your brains in the future and maybe contribute more.

Maybe starving by xmas

Well done bud.........

Hi all, just to let you know, I passed my assessment today with Elecsa.

Nice chap, asked sensible questions and did not try to catch me out with trick questions.

Somewhat relieved, after 2 years of trying to get a job in the industry, I can now work for myself, just have to find the work.

Cheers for all your help leading up to today and I shall hope to pick your brains in the future and maybe contribute more.

Maybe starving by xmas

well done mate, can, i ask how much a year that cost as im thinking of starting up on my own and just rung niec and they told me it would be £500 odd pounds for assessments then a further £400 odd pounds for year, that £900 plus before i start, anyway good luck for the future

well done mate, can, i ask how much a year that cost as im thinking of starting up on my own and just rung niec and they told me it would be £500 odd pounds for assessments then a further £400 odd pounds for year, that £900 plus before i start, anyway good luck for the future

I would re check that information,It seems excessively high

Thank you all for the good wishes, I'll hopefully be picking your brains if I can get work.

Stumas; It was give or take £450, I maybe wrong but I thought the £500 NIC fee included the first year?

If it does not, see if what Elecsa can offer you suits your needs.

SparkDog and Solo2771
He asked sensible questions and no tricks. Things such as earting systems, need for RCD's, rooms with baths, fairground dodgems, chatted about building regs and what the recommended depth chasing should be and joist holes, max Zs for ads and why there are different figues in BRB and OSG, what labels to place on or near CU...mixed colours, periodic time, test RCD

Site visit was a good experience, he checked a random socket, checked CU, check radial circuit route, I had to show how I got the results on the forms, show I can measure Ze, EFLP impedance, test an RCD and a knowledge of IR values.

I have possibly missed some things out, looking at the list it sounds scarrier than it was.

Good luck with yours

Well done mate. I have got my fifth re assessment in November. They get easier by the year, and they are all good blokes to boot. So next year you will have no nerves.

Cheers.......Howard

Last edited by a moderator:
My Elecsa (first) assessment and first year was about £475.00 and this was in June 2010.

Have fun - I must say that my assessor was constructive about the session - I did worry lots beforehand!

can anyone tell me when you have done work to be assessed, whether you have to notify BC of the work or just do the work get assessed & then notify BC?

Idiots are born -not made:cool:

i am having an elecsa registration assessment in early November, i was wondering what kind of test equipment ill need 2 bring, and what test equipment the assesor will be wanting me to have?!

I presume you have read the information pack Elecsa sent you? I didn't find it too clear and I put a call into Elecsa and they were able to clarify the questions I had.

Its not just about the test equipment, its the calibration documents, your insurance, sample quotes, complete and work in progress to inspect, your library of reference documents etc.

can anyone tell me when you have done work to be assessed, whether you have to notify BC of the work or just do the work get assessed & then notify BC?

Idiots are born -not made:cool:

I helped a friend get his Elecsa about 7 months ago. What they told him was to call the LABC and tell them what he was doing, ie a board change for his elecsa assement. As Elecsa said most LABC are really good and say that they are happy for you to do the work and leave it at that. Then at the assement he was able to self certify his work as normal.

I wondered though what would have happened if he failed the assement.

I've been looking at Elecsa's price list, and it has 2 prices in it which both appear to relate to Part P registration. The price for online application for registration is £370. Then a bit further down, there are a load of other charges including "Periodic Inspection Reporting (PIR's) Assessment, of which the first bullet says "Initial Registration & Assessment, including Part P" and costs a whopping £716.75.

Therefore, is it £370 to be assessed and join Elecsa for Part P, or is it £370+716.75 which is... well even more than NICEIC and outrageous! :)

thanks guys

stu

You were lucky my LBC made me pay the £150 fee and they never went out to look at the job.

As for test instruments you will need a multi function tester or the individual components and a voltage tester.

Only £370 if you want part P.

PIR as far as I am aware, shoot me down in flames, does not require a registration. They offer the service to impress your customers.

I read one post about a landlord required a NICEIC PIR registered person to satify an insurance company.

Reply to Elecsa registration in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net