ELECSA Certification Scheme elecsa useless!!!

Discuss elecsa useless!!! in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sima24

More of a rant than a question, elecsa part p assesment booked for this morning, 45 mins before i get a call saying the guy is sick and have to wait another 4 weeks!!! If i would of been sick this morning i would have to pay another 300 quid for another aseesment, do you think they would give me 300 quid for cancelling lol never

Really annoyed, i was up till the early hours making sure i had everything. Might send them a cancelation invoice :)

I toyed with that idea, but decided against it - that said maybe a strongly worded, polite letter is in order, and as you say, if you'd cancelled they would have charged you.

If you cancelled at short notice you would have lost your £300. Why cant they offer you some compensation as it's another half days work you have lost ( or possibly a day ) and another time you have to organise access to a customer's home. The least they could do would be to offer you free vouchers to the ECA Direct site. I had 2 assessors at my last assessment, perhaps that the answer,then at least 1 might turn up.

elecsa ougfht to make the assessors self employed. no assessing, no pay. then we'll see who's sick.

^^^ don't be so sure!! My last NICEIC inspection booking turned into a right old farce with one inspector turning up 2 days early!

More of a rant than a question, elecsa part p assesment booked for this morning, 45 mins before i get a call saying the guy is sick and have to wait another 4 weeks!!! If i would of been sick this morning i would have to pay another 300 quid for another aseesment, do you think they would give me 300 quid for cancelling lol never
well whats right for one....is right for`t other n all.....
tell em you lost money as a result of their
late cancelation......
and bill em accordingly......using their ratio of course.....

Last edited:
The two asessors I'm my area from elecsa, which both have been really good, one a bit tougher than the other. Don't know if I should post it, they're both called ray, really nice folks, one I know is self employed but I think the other is a area assessor or supervisor which I'm pretty sure is employed. Any way both really nice people (hint hint, assessment coming up)

I tend to mess them around, 2 weeks before they are due I cancel, it keeps the NICEIC on their toes, after all these scammers do work for us

Im not convinced they would have charged if you were. Genuinely ill, just rescheduled.

For a start theyd never get paid it, it would be an "as if" invoice.

I would defo have lost it, its all paid in advance and if you cancel for any reason within the last 2 weeks i thinks you lose 300 of the 500 you already have paid. Oh well, dont want to kick up too much, not until after the assesment anyaway

Oh don't get me wrong Glennspark they're worse than estate agents, middle men creaming off our hard earned to tell us the time with our own watch.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to elecsa useless!!! in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net