Discuss Election Fever in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

G

Guest77

Far too quiet in here, Adam and Clive not screaming abuse at me, lets get some action going on, I will take the first punch, IDS, say no more, Vote Labour, they represent more than 1% of the population :biggrin:

Attachments

• Election Fever tory scum - EletriciansForums.net
    tory scum.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 88
Far too quiet in here, Adam and Clive not screaming abuse at me, lets get some action going on, I will take the first punch, IDS, say no more, Vote Labour, they represent more than 1% of the population :biggrin:

Yup, they represent 1.1% of the population. Heard Millipede on Jeremy Vine today - what a total idiot, making statements, no pledges, no promises and expecting people to vote for him. I'd rather cut of my privates with a blunt knife.

Labour support at least 1 60th of the country, thats the amount of people surviving on food banks lol

Hum.. Labour say they will support anyone who will vote from them and then leave them high and dry.
That's the way to get' likes' from me , double post the same comment , and I will like it twice.

I quite fancy the greens after their policy of 'no industrial or economic growth to achieve sustainability' and can't see their mix of letting people join foreign extremist groups and uncontrolled immigration possibly going wrong :bomb2:

Why the assumption that anyone who has used a food bank will vote Labour?

And who are these people branding everyone on a low income as 'workshy'?

Why the assumption that anyone who has used a food bank will vote Labour?

And who are these people branding everyone on a low income as 'workshy'?

Thats a bit like saying all the rich vote Conservative, but we know what Alan Sugar doesn't and neither does Ed Milliband - and they are both rich.

Cannot wait for it all to get going. I think Labour will get spanked now Scotland is a Westminster free zone. lol . Waiting for Boris to raise his profile again and UKIP to tell us what they will do other than immigration and europe

Got some Labour members canvassing our area, they knocked on my door and wish they never had, I brought up several key issues and ask them what they are going to do about it - they had no real answer for a number of them and came out with tripe for the others... I even had to remind then that the UK does not have the powers to restrict uncontrolled legal Immigration as its defined in Brussels so how can any Party say they will limit it is beyond me without an exit from the EU.

I asked how they will limit uncontrolled legal immigration - conversation was side stepped until I reminded her twice then she said they are still finalising a solution to be annouced soon (No answer given!)

I asked where they will find the money to do all these changes - she said it will be announced in the following weeks, I said if you want to convince me I require you to answer the question not postpone it. (No answer given!)

She mentioned a policy to open up more free Sure Start places and re-establishing those that had been reduced under this goverment - on asking how will this be funded she side-stepped the answer, so asked again and it turns out there will be no funding and they are relying on volunteering .... so I said your not really doing anything then to ensure these places but hoping people with do it for free!

I pointed to a house over the road and said how are you going to get the dopehead scroat off benefits and into work as he has an attitude that benefits are a way of life and not a helping hand to those in real need, noting as well it was under Labour that this systematic abuse of benefits was created.... she said she cannot comment on individual cases - i said OK any scum like him then in general ..... pause (No answer given)

I then said that in parliament you have slated and ripped a new --- hole on a regular basis about the introduction of the bedroom tax expressing it was the tories biggest crime against the nation, so is it in your manefesto to reverse that and scrap it then ... No was the answer lol.... Hmmm don't get that at all!

I then brought up a few local issues which the local community have very strong feelings about... she wasn't aware of 2 of them and didn't seem to answer the other one with any real solution, just off the cuff garble..

At this point I asked her how do you think you have done in convincing me to vote Labour.... she said it doesn't seem like I was going to vote Labour anyway... I replied I don't care what colour you badge is be it Yellow, Red, Blue Purple or Green, I asked you a series of question and if you answered them straight and it appealed to me I would have given you my vote, the fact that all you have done is side stepped the questions, smokescreened the answers as well as promote policies that would require a massive influx of free labour to ever work is (Sure Start) vital info you failed to present in your preaching.... also you haven't got a clue about the local issues ....so that's why I won't be giving you my support, because you haven't done your homework and your policies are weak and full of holes. She turned away and walked off without so much of a goodbye lol...

To stress here I haven't truely decided but she didn't convince me that Labour had anything to put on the table that would actually make a difference...

I pointed to a house over the road and said how are you going to get the dopehead scroat off benefits and into work as he has an attitude that benefits are a way of life and not a helping hand to those in real need, noting as well it was under Labour that this systematic abuse of benefits was created.... she said she cannot comment on individual cases - i said OK any scum like him then in general ..... pause (No answer given)
Either you are too young to remember the Thatcher government or choose to ignore the policies and results of said policies. I suggest you do a little history research......It was the Tory government that started a culture of welfare dependency......They wanted everyone out of the coal mines/steel works ect and onto the sick....so they could massage the unemployment figures.
Not just that but the policy of "stuff industry" has created whole communities of hopelessly lost and unemployed....even unemployable (In their current state) people all over the country....but this tends to be worse north of Watford.
It matters not that this was all done in the 1980's.....nothing has been done by successive governments to fill the gap. They said we can't subsidise the coal/steel industry....but we are happy to subsidise people to languish at home on dole/sick money. They never saw what was obvious......humans need to be active or they tend to self destruct. Check the rise in drug use since the early 80's.
All of that said New Labour did not do anything about it when they were in power.....but lets not forget that they did not "start" this destruction.
Bedroom tax is to be scrapped under a labour government - that is a policy and if she does not know that then it is her that is clueless im afraid.

I don't like the labour party at this point in time. I do like the idea of coalitions which will keep the big 2 parties in check.
I also think MP's should be from the locality say stayed there for 20+years minimum and still reside there and of a certain age 40+ ?
I also think that Mp's should conduct their business from their constituency and "most" of the parliamentary stuff could be done over skype or the like. Secure voting online for members bills and the like. Save a bloody fortune.
I also think the whole country should be able "if they wish" to vote online. Also voting booths at universities and maybe even shopping centres.

Either you are too young to remember the Thatcher government or choose to ignore the policies and results of said policies. I suggest you do a little history research......It was the Tory government that started a culture of welfare dependency......They wanted everyone out of the coal mines/steel works ect and onto the sick....so they could massage the unemployment figures.
Not just that but the policy of "stuff industry" has created whole communities of hopelessly lost and unemployed....even unemployable (In their current state) people all over the country....but this tends to be worse north of Watford.
It matters not that this was all done in the 1980's.....nothing has been done by successive governments to fill the gap. They said we can't subsidise the coal/steel industry....but we are happy to subsidise people to languish at home on dole/sick money. They never saw what was obvious......humans need to be active or they tend to self destruct. Check the rise in drug use since the early 80's.
All of that said New Labour did not do anything about it when they were in power.....but lets not forget that they did not "start" this destruction.
Bedroom tax is to be scrapped under a labour government - that is a policy and if she does not know that then it is her that is clueless im afraid.

I don't like the labour party at this point in time. I do like the idea of coalitions which will keep the big 2 parties in check.
I also think MP's should be from the locality say stayed there for 20+years minimum and still reside there and of a certain age 40+ ?
I also think that Mp's should conduct their business from their constituency and "most" of the parliamentary stuff could be done over skype or the like. Secure voting online for members bills and the like. Save a bloody fortune.
I also think the whole country should be able "if they wish" to vote online. Also voting booths at universities and maybe even shopping centres.

I note your point and yes in respect the modern abused system was a tory creation but you add that to the open door policy of the Labours terms in power and we ended up with a massive headache of the UK been the Utopia of free money to all and sundrae, it is this mass influx that I meant who came to claim and live a life of all take and no give, we still haven't shaken of this stigma.

The rise in drug abuse is misleading in all respect, police reporting, documentation and schemes or help classes for those addicted have become more common so that drug abuse is no longer unreported like it used to be, couple this with the modern world we live in and vastly reduced costs of drugs in comparison to the 80's then its a factor of these that have seen a rise of drug abuse and not solely the benefit system, although it has had a noted influence, I saw as many kids abusing drugs in the early 80's as is often reported now so no change IMHO just more awareness of the problem.

As for the bedroom tax.... considering Scotland has been able to abolish it at a stroke since devolution it seems strange that all this key policy issue to scrap it hasn't been delivered there already so makes you wonder exactly what is in the small writing in this policy, sounds like the Scots are been forced into the hardship of keeping the tax so Labour has a election policy to get votes - rather than helping the people straight away. They explain it will be funded by closing hedge fund loopholes and taxation on the rich but independent reviews suggest the sums just don't add up and it will be back to the burden of spend spend spend and let the future generation take the hit, I personally believe the tax is workable but just needs an exemption list for cases of disability etc.... I mean why should someone who has the tax payer pay for there living costs live in a larger house than me; a hard worker, I'm a private home owner and to have an extra spare bedroom I would have to pay for it through council tax etc- so same rule should apply, the only problem with this tax is there isn't enough houses to move into if you chose to downsize.

Defintely a fan of the coelition too.

Getting rid of all mps aged less than 40 and those who don't originate from their constituancies too sounds great - that should get rid of about 300 MP's

You get my vote!

I do remember the 'Thatcher' governments, though seen by the eyes of a child growing through my teenage years. I fail to understand why any government would want ... 'everyone out of the coal mines/steel works ect and onto the sick....so they could massage the unemployment figures.' What 'benefit' is there in re-election terms of increasing unemployment?

Reply to Election Fever in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock