Discuss electrak systems in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

sparks1234

-
Arms
Reaction score
As I see it, underfloor busbar systems for sockets are a fantastic idea as they aree easy to expand, work on an individual box etc etc.
We have to extend away from a floorbox for a wall mounted socket, how do we go about a certificate for this? Zs is obviously no problem, R1 R2 cannot be measured because it is obviously live.
Would the norm be to take the Zs ar the board and calculate the R1 R2?

mmmm dont know what cert id use as if your floor box is plugged in and your tapping off floor box then r1 r2 wouldnt be nessecary and Id only take a Zs to confirm earth

The option of turning of doesnt exist, we have taken a Zs and the Ze. I was interested in what others have done as it you need to be practicle as well as conform with regs. We all know what its like when computers are running etc etc.

You could always do the R1+R2 for the part of the circuit that you are installing you know, to prove earth continuity on your part before energising...

Question - would you turn the whole circuit off to conduct insulation resistance, or just test your bit?

could you just note on the cert, that you were unable to isloate due to commercial considerations. get r1+r2 for your extension, and ensure this is within parameters for the fuse within your plug. like mogga says, Zs just to confirm earth path. treat this as adding a circuit to a DB which cannot be switched off, IMO

Reply to electrak systems in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net