Discuss Electric cooker crackling in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
A family member has just moved house and taken their old electric oven with them, being an apprentice electrician I wired it in for them not a hobble by the way just as a favour, now I know how to wire a cooker up even used a torque screwdriver with the manufacturer stated settings so no problem with connections.

Switched it on oven struggled to come on at first but then when it did made a loud crackling noise sort of like it was arcing or shorting.
Switched the power off and while checking it was dead with voltage tester it was picking up continuity between live and neutral. I'm assuming the appliance is faulty being very old and used but would that be a problem ???

If your connections are sound it would appear something has come adrift/broken/loosened within the oven.

get a new cooker.
s-l225.jpg

Reply to Electric cooker crackling in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi All, We have an old Country villa in Spain. The housing electrics were not good so the house recently has been completely re-wired to a good...
Replies
Views
Hi All, My 1 and half Smeg cooker recently tripped when using the main fan oven. It was during quite a long period of cooking a roast. We reset...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I have just found out that a family member who is having some Building work done has been advised to insulate above the Kitchen...
Replies
Views
We have a room in the house that was the kitchen. That has been relocated to a different area, so the old kitchen has been sold off and the room...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I'd like to seek your input on a matter. I'm in the process of designing the electrical connections for the following kitchen...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock