Discuss Electric cyclinder programmer - advice needed in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

cowboy

-
Reaction score
Hi all,

unvented electric 3kw cylinder to be fitted to property alongside electric water heater for radiators. The water heater has terminals for supply and control wiring, the cylinder does not.

I was hoping to use original half of standard 2 channel programmer for the water cylinder timing.

Is there a relay available to do this job controlled via existing wiring centre or would I be better finding a separate timer suitable for the 6kw load?

thanks in advance

Cheers for the input pal, my thoughts exactly but customer wanting more accessible control, ideally from the existing two channel programmer . . does such a thing exist that can be installed easily?

Reply to Electric cyclinder programmer - advice needed in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I recently moved into a house with electric storage heaters and am looking to replace them with electric radiators. Gas and oil are not viable...
Replies
Views
I've always thought I was quite good a wiring heating systems, I can do Y plan, S plan, UFH set ups, "normal" thermal stores etc, you name it and...
Replies
Views
Firstly, thank you for taking the time to read this. I am not trained in electrics whatsoever, I am a just a home owner looking for advice. I...
Replies
Views
I have a Firebird oil boiler that is controlled by a Honeywell timer (no thermostat) that has channels for hot water and central heating...
Replies
Views
At Electrical2Go, we have recently broadened our product range to include water heaters. Our goal is to offer comprehensive solutions for both...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock