Discuss Electric Gate Wiring Question? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
I have a 455D FAAC gate and associated control panel. I need the gate to stay open on command and not close after a pre-determined time but to do this, according to page 5 on the manual (link here), I must do the following:

"OPEN/HOLD OPEN DEVICE: To open and hold open the gate, simply maintain a contact across terminals 9 and 14. (“A” Mode only) "

My question, what does "maintain a contact across terminals 9 and 14" mean. Do I need a wire to run a permanent wire between the two terminals? At the moment there isn't one connecting the two. (see image)

Thanks!

Electric Gate Wiring Question? IMG_5958 - EletriciansForums.net

You need to put a latching switch across 9 and 14 . 14 is the open comand, turn the switch on gate opens and stays open turn switch off and gate will close after the hold time, only works in mode A though .

You need to put a latching switch across 9 and 14 . 14 is the open comand, turn the switch on gate opens and stays open turn switch off and gate will close after the hold time, only works in mode A though .
Sounds like you may have the answer. what is a "latching switch"? Is it a cable from 9 to 14?

song.

"Oh Danny Boy, the gates, the gates are calling,
Down by the Glen and valleys down below,
We open up as when you are calling,
but shut before you get the carriage through"

Ahhh ok. So if I run a cable from 9 to 14 I'm sorted? Thanks

A cable, is not a switch. If someone says install a latching switch, it's not very polite to ask them to confirm that you just need to common the two contacts in question.

I can't help but think your best 'sorted' by replacing the cover, and politely excusing yourself from this job.

If you don't know what a latching switch is, it's probably best not to attempt installing one. I'm not entirely certain what a heart splint is, but if any of my older relatives ever need one fitting, I'll stick to my own advice and let someone who does know do the job ;)

.. My other favourite strategy ... ,
wheelie bin in front of the sensor ... Less issues with water n wiring.
Left in the middle it prevents other vehicles taking that security "opportunity".

Static, you said
.. My other favourite strategy ... ,
wheelie bin in front of the sensor ... Less issues with water n wiring.
Left in the middle it prevents other vehicles taking that security "opportunity".

I agree totally with the idea, but I think you'll find "fewer" is better than "less", grammatically....

Mind you, I'm a total Pedant of a Pirate and ----ed too, so Probably shouldn't Poke my Proboscis into People's Private and Personal Problems...

Hope your day is a fab one!

A cable, is not a switch. If someone says install a latching switch, it's not very polite to ask them to confirm that you just need to common the two contacts in question.

I can't help but think your best 'sorted' by replacing the cover, and politely excusing yourself from this job.

If you don't know what a latching switch is, it's probably best not to attempt installing one. I'm not entirely certain what a heart splint is, but if any of my older relatives ever need one fitting, I'll stick to my own advice and let someone who does know do the job ;)

Sometimes it is just best to put the tools down and walk away.
Leave it it to someone who knows what they're doing, otherwise ... :(:(:(
Gate firm fined £50k over girl's death - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-35027530

It does not look like it was installed by a gate installer, as they have used twisted pair for the control circuits.
ahhh- but they are cunningly twisted and grouped together to induce eliminate noise.

Hope your day is a fab one!

..This could be the origin of my problem (probosis)

I may be able to walk straighter with my eyes shut .. by touch . Over sampling my Soco in time to sober up for traveling country , visiting inlaws .

Drunken forum fumblings .. left it alone for a few days !
... oh not perfect , but they will get the idea ..
( Safety ! )

I’m confused why no one said to change the LO (logic) of the board from A (Automatic) to EP (Semi Automatic Set by step). Means automatic closing time will be turned off and the only way to shut the gates will be by remote or what ever is in the start input, no wiring needed. Also don’t mess around with gates if you don’t know what you doing, as soon as you work on that gate you are responsible for that gate. Stupid I know but that is what I was told by HS bloke on my DHF course.

Reply to Electric Gate Wiring Question? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock