Discuss Electric Heating in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

wattsup

With the British Gas announcement today of a 35% increase from immediate effect ( I don’t know how they are allowed to do that but they have) and other gas companies sure to follow, added, projected further increases in December 15%+. Is it a good time to go all electric? Leave the gas stuff for emergency use only, or maybe convert to solid fuel (especially if you can source cheap logs -;)

Electricity prices are sure to increase also, but not as dramatically gas.
At one time electricity for heating was loads more expensive than gas, before long there will be hardly any difference. Plus electric heating is virtually maintenance free compared to gas, and installation of electrical heating is cheaper.

If I were to be buying a new build or refurb opportunity in the country I would go solid fuel with backup electric heating no doubts whatsoever.

I think there are probably many thinking along the same lines.
But if many do go that route especially city dwellers, I doubt the stations will be able to cope. Get ready for power cuts in the years ahead if many do go the all electric route.

Get ready for Part P reg BS amendment extrm BS
Electrical heating engineers course, only £865.00 -;))

Reply to Electric Heating in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I realise this is an electrical forum and not plumbing, but was wondering if somebody could help. My heating is not working and the heating...
Replies
Views
Just under 2 years ago my central HVAC died. I wanted to go with a heat pump because the only appliance in the whole house that used natural gas...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm interested in a house built around the 1980's in Northern Ireland. I took a few photos of the consumer unit etc. which is situated in the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Small flat, currently has a small'ish feed water tank, top of a cupboard, feed through a wall into under stairs cupboard. Hot water tank...
Replies
Views
Good morning Guys Looking for some advice with regard to a current job. Building company I'm doing work for are installing...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock