Discuss Electric Meter Read in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

P

Papote

Can someone please confirm what is the meter read on this pic?
Electric Meter Read {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Thanks.

I read 7902 ?

Is this a trick question?? :confused:

The first dial will change to 8 after the third & fourth dial complete another 98 counts reaching 8000

The meter reads - 6902. The first dial is not quite pointing at the '7' and as the second dial is at '9' the first number must be a '6'. Simple logic.

Ahhh i see it now im awake.

If it were 7902 then the first pointer would be nearer the 8.

I still read it as 7902 tho:D

Last edited by a moderator:
How Bizarre is that! Looks like a '7' take it as a '6' :D

Not really Warren, these are only rough dials and if you think about a reading of 6999 the thousand dial would be pointing at the 7 though to write 7999 down would be out by a thousand.

This is from npower website if it helps at all:

If the pointer is between two figures, always read the number the pointer has passed
If the pointer is directly on a number look at the next dial to determine whether the number has just been passed. A higher number indicates that it has not been passed

I have been fighting with the power company online for the past couple of hours because I sent them this photo I took of my meter and they keep insisting it is 7902. They keep charging estimated charges for the past year.

I have been fighting with the power company online for the past couple of hours because I sent them this photo I took of my meter and they keep insisting it is 7902. They keep charging estimated charges for the past year.

Ask them what reading would be if the second dial went round a half turn to No 4 and the first dial went forward a half (which it would) to between the 7 & 8.

It would read 7402. Which is 500 less than they are saying it is reading now.

Reply to Electric Meter Read in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock