Discuss Electric Shock from Vengeful neighbor in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi I need help. I am in a feud with an apartment neighbor. I live on the 3rd floor and he lives under me.
This guy stays up all nite and sleeps all day so any noise u make in the day time ----es him off. My last straw was him and some other people playing with a basketball at 3am so i called the police after complaining to the courtesy officer numerous times from his loud noise late at nite. He didn't open the door so the police said there was nothing they could do.
He has rigged up something under my bed. This is what it involves him turning the three light switches in the bedroom on and off there are three al on opposite walls, I can hear when he does this also, he keeps turning his music really loud where it shakes the room then down.
This is what I'm experiencing tingling in my body almost like small shocks, stomach feels weird, nausea. Pressure in my head. A shaking or trembling type feeling, twitches in my toes and fingers
I can feel when they walk below me so I know they put something directly under my bed
because right after is when this started. My son said its probably a subwoofer but that wouldn't shock me. It has to involve the lite switches because i hear him as he walks to each one and cuts it off and on.
I know this sounds crazy but I'm a nurse and i'm positive he is doing something. Please tell me is it possible for someone to shock u like this? I do have a metal bed.
When he messes with whatever it is sometimes my finger or toes will twitch.
Yes i'm moving but this guy won't let me sleep he stays up all nite doing this I had to sleep in a hotel last night because I hadn't slept in 3 days. The apartment let me out my lease after seeing videos i sent of his constant harassment but told him nothing.

Please help.Screenshot_20200127-001844_UltraSound Detector.jpg

Last edited:

Marvo

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
I can't see how it would be possible to give someone electric shocks when they're laying on a bed in the room above without drilling through the floor to get direct contact with the bed.

There's been cases of suspected ultrasonic and infrasonic attacks on people but it's never been proven and it's way outside the reach of the average guy on the street to be able to even attempt something like this. Havana syndrome - Wikipedia - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Havana_syndrome

The 20ish kHz ultrasound you're measuring is at the top end of the range of the human ear, most children would be able to hear this frequency and it debatably doesn't even qualify to be ultrasound. It could be produced by any decent HiFi equipment and there's no health implications at a level of 30-40dB. 50-200kHz is considered to be very low frequency ultrasound and laboratory equipment uses ultrasound up in the Gigahertz ranges.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I can't see how it would be possible to give someone electric shocks when they're laying on a bed in the room above without drilling through the floor to get direct contact with the bed.

There's been cases of suspected ultrasonic and infrasonic attacks on people but it's never been proven and it's way outside the reach of the average guy on the street to be able to even attempt something like this. Havana syndrome - Wikipedia - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Havana_syndrome

The 20ish kHz ultrasound you're measuring is at the top end of the range of the human ear, most children would be able to hear this frequency and it debatably doesn't even qualify to be ultrasound. It could be produced by any decent HiFi equipment and there's no health implications at a level of 30-40dB. 50-200kHz is considered to be very low frequency ultrasound and laboratory equipment uses ultrasound up in the Gigahertz ranges.
Can a subwoofer do this? Static electricity ?

Pete999

-
Arms
Esteemed
Hi I need help. I am in a feud with an apartment neighbor. I live on the 3rd floor and he lives under me.
This guy stays up all nite and sleeps all day so any noise u make in the day time ----es him off. My last straw was him and some other people playing with a basketball at 3am so i called the police after complaining to the courtesy officer numerous times from his loud noise late at nite. He didn't open the door so the police said there was nothing they could do.
He has rigged up something under my bed. This is what it involves him turning the three light switches in the bedroom on and off there are three al on opposite walls, I can hear when he does this also, he keeps turning his music really loud where it shakes the room then down.
This is what I'm experiencing tingling in my body almost like small shocks, stomach feels weird, nausea. Pressure in my head. A shaking or trembling type feeling, twitches in my toes and fingers
I can feel when they walk below me so I know they put something directly under my bed
because right after is when this started. My son said its probably a subwoofer but that wouldn't shock me. It has to involve the lite switches because i hear him as he walks to each one and cuts it off and on.
I know this sounds crazy but I'm a nurse and i'm positive he is doing something. Please tell me is it possible for someone to shock u like this? I do have a metal bed.
Yes i'm moving but this guy won't let me sleep he stays up all nite doing this I had to sleep in a hotel last night because I hadn't slept in 3 days. The apartment let me out my lease after seeing videos i sent of his constant harassment but told him nothing.

Please help.View attachment 55452
[/QUOTE
Apologies to Megawatt and all the other US members, is this not just an example of American Paranoia @?

Please help.View attachment 55452
Paranoia rule OK

DPG

-
Arms
Esteemed
Advent Win
Simple method - get a couple of friends to come round and see what they think. Do not prime them first with your ideas of what it may be though.

MFS Electrical

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
I recall a similar thread to this a while back? Maybe some point in 2018 early 2019. Are you the same poster? Just wondering if you have a search there may have been a solution etc offered in that thread. I’ll try to find it but I’m pretty sure there was a post very very similar to this before.

One thing, has any work been done recently? Screws nails etc to fix squeaky floorboards? Maybe a screw punctured a cable (could have been years ago right enough, not just recently) and maybe just enough of a leakage current to give you a little tingle? Worth temporarily moving the bed perhaps to see if the problem is alleviated.

Otherwise we would probably all be stabbing in the dark trying to diagnose this without setting eyes on it or being able to test.

davesparks

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
I suggest going to a doctor to discuss these symptoms as it could be a health problem entirely unrelated to your neighbour.

PEG

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
It is very difficult to comment,other than to wonder why the building owners would release you so easily from your contract,yet not have any discussion with the other fella...

DPG

-
Arms
Esteemed
Advent Win
The graph you showed earlier shows an average level of around 30dB SPL. That doesn't seem that high to me.

PEG

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
People bringing you graphs,are OK,if you are monitoring cases of flu,as a health professional......as a landlord,you want no hassle,and rent paid...in that order.

I think we need CCTV fitting,and a pitch for a mini-series,to channel 4 :p

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I recall a similar thread to this a while back? Maybe some point in 2018 early 2019. Are you the same poster? Just wondering if you have a search there may have been a solution etc offered in that thread. I’ll try to find it but I’m pretty sure there was a post very very similar to this before.

One thing, has any work been done recently? Screws nails etc to fix squeaky floorboards? Maybe a screw punctured a cable (could have been years ago right enough, not just recently) and maybe just enough of a leakage current to give you a little tingle? Worth temporarily moving the bed perhaps to see if the problem is alleviated.

Otherwise we would probably all be stabbing in the dark trying to diagnose this without setting eyes on it or being able to test.
I am not the original poster can you share that previous thread?

rapparee

-
Arms
Esteemed

Was that not a Spanish guy who had a fan resonating at a certain frequency causing a whirring noise?

He had the local town hall officials out investigating.

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Reply to Electric Shock from Vengeful neighbor in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Aico 3000 Range
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Top Bottom