Discuss Electric shower fitted on the wrong end of bath. in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

FWIW, the last electric shower I fitted was to a double-ended bath where the taps were in the middle, so I had a choice of 2 walls to fit the shower to...but in the end, I fitted an instant electric shower to one end and another one, off the combi boiler, to the other end.
I couldn't fit any shower above the taps because there wasn't a wall there, just a window.

The numpties haven't fitted the shower in one of the zones have they? Then yes, it's a C2. Everyone knows water and leccy don't mix. Shower should be at least 600mm away from the end of the bath or preferably on the landing.

Absolutely not. The cubicle is to keep the water off the electrical equipment. Would you suggest fitting a shower head in a switchroom? I think not. Musical Differential Inflammation or whatever it's called.

BTW I can't believe you gave me a thumbs-down for post 24... you've upped my neg rep by 20% in one hit!

Absolutely not. The cubicle is to keep the water off the electrical equipment. Would you suggest fitting a shower head in a switchroom? I think not. Musical Differential Inflammation or whatever it's called.

BTW I can't believe you gave me a thumbs-down for post 24... you've upped my neg rep by 20% in one hit!

I think your reputation will survive this little dent!!

Reply to Electric shower fitted on the wrong end of bath. in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, We are renting and have a electric shower downstairs (extension) - a 9.5kW Triton T80Z fast-fit electric shower as well as a combi boiler...
Replies
Views
A relative recently had an electrical certification done on a rented property. The property was build in 2005 and had previously passed 3...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm being tasked with installing an electric shower into a property that was built back in the 1980's. The main consumer unit has only 4 ways...
Replies
Views
I own a top floor tenement flat that I used to live in and then rented out after I married. It is currently empty whilst some work is being done...
Replies
Views
Evening all. Doing a EICR in a rental today and presented with this. installation date is 1992 and there seems to be no records since. At some...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock