Discuss Electric Shower Problem in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

skind56

DIY
Reaction score
My Mira Sport 9.0 J92B is having a problem whereby it is difficult to regulate, i.e. it's sensitive to a small turn of the knob making it either too cold or too hot.

Is this a known problem and can it be fixed or are we at the end of it's life?

Thanks for any help
Steve

My Mira Sport 9.0 J92B is having a problem whereby it is difficult to regulate, i.e. it's sensitive to a small turn of the knob making it either too cold or too hot.

Is this a known problem and can it be fixed or are we at the end of it's life?

Thanks for any help
Steve
Hi Steve, Question for you and I appreciate your problem, how long do you leave it before you experience any temperature change? I alter mine and wait for a minute, if you get it right to your needs , mark the setting with a marker and don't alter it, the internal thermostat takes a short while to settle, I recon you will soon find the optimum setting that you won't need to alter unless some selfish person decide it's not to their liking and booger up your setting, turn the shower on whilst you get all your lotions ready the stat will settle the temp to your settings fairly rapidly, enjoy. I switch it on, let the stat do it's work and stand under the flow, ENJOY

May be a faulty valve, which could be replaced.

If it's an Electric shower then the temperature is usually regulated by slowing the flow rate of the water so it spends longer on the element to make it hotter. There are normally 2 power settings and then a dial to regulate the flow. If the flow rate doesnt increase gradually as you turn down the temperature, then it may be a faulty vavle as mentioned above (it could have a build up of scale).

Is the water pressure good and consistant?

The user manual is available from Mira here. It has a substantial fault finding and repair section. Worth having a look through there. Certainly check the flow is good as a blocked shower head or inlet filter can cause the shower to over heat, cut out, go cold and then cut back in again and the cycle continues.

Reply to Electric Shower Problem in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock