Discuss Electric towel radiators in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard

Regular EF Member
Simple question, do electric towel radiators tend to have thermostats built in?

Fitted one today for a mate (no instructions unfortuanatly), but there was nothing on it to suggest that it was thermostatically controlled. I assume there is, but just checking.

Thanks

Guitarist

Regular EF Member
Not sure about the larger sizes, but some are very low wattage and designed to be either on or off. I'm assuming with this type, there will be safety cut-out but no thermostat.

G

Guest111

I think most of them have an overheat stat,but run at a fixed temperature there would be no point in a normal stat as they dont produce enough heat to warm a room,just take the chill off.

i=p/u

Electrician's Arms
had to put one in a bathroom in a carvan park office which was controlled by a boost switch, which was useless cause it took longer than an hour to heat up, but what one asks for , one shall get..... think was 150W element

OP
R

Richard

Regular EF Member
This one had a 400w element and you couldn't hold it after half an hour, so i'm pretty confident it will have little trouble heating the room. thanks for the input :)

Guitarist

Regular EF Member
This one had a 400w element and you couldn't hold it after half an hour, so i'm pretty confident it will have little trouble heating the room. thanks for the input :)
Probably does have a stat then. They usually stick out of the bottom, in-line with the mains cable, so easy to see.

topquark

Electricians Arms Member
Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
Normally set at 60degC and not adjustable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Permanent unswitched live colour?

• Brown

Votes: 63 67.0%
  • Black

Votes: 31 33.0%

Electrician Talk

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.