Discuss Electric towl rail in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
If I’m correct in saying, you can have an electric towel rail over your bath in zone 1 as long as it has a IP rating of at least 4 but the fuse spur supplying it must be at least 3600mm in the outside zone?

I want to fit the tow rail over the bath with my fused spur supply on the other side of the wall on the landing.

Question, can I fit the rail with the supply from the landing but have the power cable leading through the wall like the link below?

I’m correct in saying, you can have an electric towel rail over your bath in zone 1 as long as it has a IP rating of at least 4
Zone 1 is the zone above your bath or shower to a height of 2.25m. If you were to install a heated towel rail in this zone, it would need a rating no lower than IPX4. Zone 2 stretches to a 0.6m outside your bath or shower and above your bath or shower if over 2.25m. This zone has the same requirements as zone 1. The IP rating for these zones changes if there is a likelihood of water jets being used for cleaning purposes – in this case, the minimum IP rating required increases to IPX5.

Reply to Electric towl rail in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello, a friend has asked about fitting an electrically heated towel rail in their bathroom. The location is on the wall opposite the bath in a...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, We’re going to have our bathroom refitted in the very near future and we’ve decided we’d like a spa bath and a digital shower (not...
Replies
Views
Hi. I am fitting an electric towel rail in Zone 2 - it is IP55 rated so fine there. The flex coming out of it I have a few options - There is...
Replies
Views
We're having an electric towel rail installed in bathroom, outside any zones It's just above the stairs with a clear wiring run to under the...
Replies
Views
hi all, Wanted some advice on regulations for these. I am not an electrician and want to wire in a electric heated towel rail. However the main...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock