Discuss Electric vehicle charging point funding. Government at it again. in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

SolarCity

-
Arms
Reaction score
Looks like the government are fiddling again. Funding for domestic EV charging points, which should carry on until March 2015, may be pulled as soon as TWO WEEKS time. These people have absolutely zero idea of how a SME works. The domestic EV charging point scheme has attracted praise and admiration internationally and you would think that this would be a good thing. Unfortunately not. Even by suggesting such a course of action, they harm the industry as a whole.

Yes correct. I have had email today from manufacture. The word they used was, uncertainly. All paperwork has to submitted manufacture by 2nd June. Bloody con

Sorry for those who've been stung by this. I had a feeling this was a likely scenario, which was part of the reason we didn't get involved.

It's hardly surprising that it's been stopped - the money for this year has been spent. I'm surprised that it's lasted this long. 16a sockets are absolutely fine for what most people will need, we use ours every day and it's more than adequate.

No-one will be having rapid chargers at home, the grid wouldn't be able to cope with it and there's no need for it. Some customers may choose fast chargers but if they've only got a 3kw charger on the car then it won't make any difference at all.

It depends on what you order for your customer and what type of car they have or will get in the future. The base units all look the same but some have sockets and some have different types of tether & plugs.

Rolec are pausing supply because they don't want installers to be caught out with stock that won't be paid for with the funding, Podpoint aren't bothered if installers are carrying stock as long as they aren't owed anything from OLEV and Chargemaster supply British Gas - who knows what they are doing but we regularly get work from their customers when they are let down or charged for every fuse & cable clip.

There's certainly been more units installed than there is funding so someone is going to lose out somewhere.

BMW provide 7.4 KW chargers for the I 3 model. Scheme its` linked with OLEV meter installation .
Big brother think. 110 miles per charge , totally electric drive.
Done 60 of those since Feb. Top Gear having one soon. IMG_2906.jpg

BMW provide 7.4 KW chargers for the I 3 model. Scheme its` linked with OLEV meter installation .
Big brother think. 110 miles per charge , totally electric drive.
Done 60 of those since Feb. Top Gear having one soon.View attachment 24955

110 miles my bottom :) have you actually driven one? You did well to get on the Schneider list, they wanted too much control for a little business like this so we just install our usual charging points for BMW for a fraction of the price and everyone's happy :)

Reply to Electric vehicle charging point funding. Government at it again. in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net