Discuss Electric Wall Heaters in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

DB1972

DIY
Reaction score
Hello
We live in an apartment and are looking to have our 19 year old dimplex electric wall heaters replaced. I'm looking for recommendations on the best electric wall heaters around 1kw. Are dimplex the best? We want to be able to control them via a hub over wifi.

Any advice appreciated.

Thankyou

D

Really need to know room sizes or areas to heat as 1kw probably would not heat a large area enough.
Thanks for your reply. Here is the floor plan. We have 1 in the kitchen, 2 in the living room, 1 in each bedroom, 1 in the bathroom and 1 in the hallway.

Attachments

• FE269E90-E334-4625-8BDD-52C9BFBDEB9B.jpeg
    397.5 KB · Views: 14
I take it you have already experienced a winter period . If so were you warm ?
Looking at your plan you have 2 outside walls with 4 windows. What floor are you on ? What about insulation? Ceiling heights?

You are correct regarding walls and windows. Yes we have seen 3 winters and were warm. Had to use a 2kw oil heater in the bedroom as that heater is broken and it was very warm with that.We are top floor, ceilings just over 7ft, insulation is to standard in the loft space. I'm told these current heaters are 0.8kw but not sure.

You are correct regarding walls and windows. Yes we have seen 3 winters and were warm. Had to use a 2kw oil heater in the bedroom as that heater is broken and it was very warm with that.We are top floor, ceilings just over 7ft, insulation is to standard in the loft space. I'm told these current heaters are 0.8kw but not sure.
Are the current heaters off peak or manually switched when needed. May be a picture of one would be good.l

There is a central unit on the wall in the kitchen and an rf module in each heater. However, weve never used the central module and instead just switch them on and off when required. Ideally we want a system where we can use the central module control it remotely via an app, for example switch it on an hour before leaving work As well as setting timers etc I’ve seen some I think would do the job on the dimples site but wondering if there are any other makes that are decent.

Attachments

• 3470C62D-78C1-4A50-92F1-83B9640FE632.jpeg
    446.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 773F893B-193C-4AEB-A036-8F101E4FF189.jpeg
    355.7 KB · Views: 7
  • B72696D0-A621-4EF9-90C8-6B49203C5D5E.jpeg
    422.7 KB · Views: 8
There is a central unit on the wall in the kitchen and an rf module in each heater. However, weve never used the central module and instead just switch them on and off when required. Ideally we want a system where we can use the central module control it remotely via an app, for example switch it on an hour before leaving work As well as setting timers etc I’ve seen some I think would do the job on the dimples site but wondering if there are any other makes that are decent.
In your 1st picture to the extreme right is that a Product model & rating label. I feel you would be better off giving Dimplex a call, but they will ask about the kW rating of each. Without really knowing the kW rating for sure, I would not be convinced you are getting an economical way of heating. There are others online but I would not like to recommend them. Maybe other guys would like to comment.

Ive found the rating labels.

The two in the living room, the larger bedroom and the bathroom are 750w, the one in the kitchen and the one in the hallway are 1000w, the smaller bedroom is 500w.

Last edited:
Dimplex are a good solid brand and are my brand of choice for electric heating.
They do a couple of ranges that are very different price wise.
The Dimplex website has all the information you will need.
I think, from memory, only the Qrad can be controlled via wifi.

If you are buying them yourself then shop around for the best price as prices seem to vary considerably between stockists.

Dimplex are a good solid brand and are my brand of choice for electric heating.
They do a couple of ranges that are very different price wise.
The Dimplex website has all the information you will need.
I think, from memory, only the Qrad can be controlled via wifi.

If you are buying them yourself then shop around for the best price as prices seem to vary considerably between stockists.
Thank you. I think i'll probably go with dimplex.

I would definitely contact Dimplex, you can even send them a plan & any information you have already gathered, They will advise you on kW rating size for each room, Sometimes it is better to have more heat available if needed.

Reply to Electric Wall Heaters in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net