Discuss Electrical Estimation Course? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

Rounceefunkel

Hi there
I was just wondering whether there are any types of electrical estimation courses available?

I am currently working at a company doing CAD and have the opportunity to learn to do electrical estimating alongside someone, but I do not understand a lot of what is needed or what things are. However I cannot find a course relevant to this. I have never worked on site and have no prior knowledge of electrical installation.
I started on a distance course of basic electrical installation but I think the course providers have gone bust as no one can get hold of them.

I am looking for another course to do that would give me the basic knowledge so I can understand what I will be estimating or an electrical estimation course, if there is one.

Thank you for any help or advice

I don't think an electrical course on it's own would give you sufficient knowledge to go head long into estimating. Materials take off is the easy part it is getting the how long to install bit right. Yes you could use book times but every install is different and throws up different problems to work around and this is where a good estimator earns his keep. So some building & site knowledge is also needed IMO

Reply to Electrical Estimation Course? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello, I am a 17 yr old lad who wants to become an electrician. I am interested in become an apprentice. I have been unsuccessful with getting...
Replies
Views
Hi, Just wondered if anyone knows whether there is such a thing as a distance learning version of the level 3 (C&G or EAL) Electrical...
Replies
Views
I start my BTEC Level 4 HNC Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering in the new year, what book do you recommend to get to help me with my...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I am interested in pursuing a career in the electrical industry as an electrician. I have been looking at several vocational...
Replies
Views
Hello all Well, been putting it off, but I need to upgrade my 17th edition to the 18th. Not been a practising sparky for over 5 years, but I have...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock