Discuss electrical helper looking for experience. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

liveearth

Trainee
Reaction score
Hello everyone , I have just completed a course that gives me the qualifications below:

18th edition wiring regs
Portable appliance testing level 3 qcf
Part P Domestic Installer Level 2

I have done some practical but not as much to call myself a sparky.

I would like to know how to go about pursing a career as an electrician. I have tried to get on site to get experience but I need an ECS card. I dont know how I can get one if I am not working in the Industry. I have been thinking of working for free to gain more experience but even that seems impossible. I am considering doing another course to work towards an NVQ and that may allow me to get an ECS card. I have also considered doing my level 2 and 3 diploma . the centre I have looked at does not require the level 2,3 to do the NVQ.

I am 24 years old and looking for the best way to get in the industry without doing a full apprenticeship. I am also very hard working and willing to follow instruction. I have my own transport and always on time. Anyone that needs a hand please do not hesitate to let me know.

My end goal is to be registered with competent persons schemes and work my way up to be fully qualified.

good work ethic there, mate. might be an idea to get a cscs card just to allow you on sites. then you can apply for courses and apply for a ecs trainee card. good luck anyway.

good work ethic there, mate. might be an idea to get a cscs card just to allow you on sites. then you can apply for courses and apply for a ecs trainee card. good luck anyway.
Thank you mate very encouraging, what course would you think would be best? And if i get on sight i will just be a labourer.

what part of the west midlands are you?

p.m me your details and I will keep you in mind for jobs where I need an extra pair of hands.

( usually work alone)
mostly machine control but sometimes installation work comes up and an extra person is handy.

Kind regards
James

what part of the west midlands are you?

p.m me your details and I will keep you in mind for jobs where I need an extra pair of hands.

( usually work alone)
mostly machine control but sometimes installation work comes up and an extra person is handy.

Kind regards
James
Hello James, I am from Walsall not far from Birmingham. I am willing to travel far if I need be. Thank you for your time ,I will send over my details.

Thank you mate very encouraging, what course would you think would be best? And if i get on sight i will just be a labourer.
the proper route is c&c 2356, level 2 and 3, then nvq3 and am2, this will make yoy fully qualified. if however you just want to do domestic, there are forum sponsors that do the short course domestic installer courses.

Why not look at a full apprenticeship route? You can get minimum 95% of the course funded by government now
I have tried to apply for a few but no reply. to be honest I dont think that will work out for me as I have kids and i need to try get a decent income. I have done the domestic installer course but if only i knew the course limits you in this field of work. i am looking into getting my level 2 and 3 diploma but funds are sort of low at the moment. My only option now is try to work alongside someone and build some experience while earning some money to pay towards my courses so i can become fully qualified.
[automerge]1576335414[/automerge]
the proper route is c&c 2356, level 2 and 3, then nvq3 and am2, this will make yoy fully qualified. if however you just want to do domestic, there are forum sponsors that do the short course domestic installer courses.
I am looking around to see if i can get a decent training centre to do the courses and apply for my ECS card. i already have done the Short domestic installer course. As you probably know it doesn't help much in terms of experience. The courses are quite expensive but i will find a way around it. thanks for the reply.

Reply to electrical helper looking for experience. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net