Discuss Electrical Installation Cert in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

TJC2

Fellow electrician friends of mine just had his annual NICEIC visit, and when discussing forms. The NICEIC man said you can use any forms you want. They dont have to be NICEIC or any other well know brand of certificates??
I was under the impression that because I belong to the NICEIC that i had to use there form pads??
If so I could just use the blank templates off the IET website??
And give 1 copy to my customer and 1 for my keeping.
Any help??
Many Thanks

You could use them no problem at all, but they do look a bit pants! Maybe I am fussy though. :smile:

I prepare my own versions of the forms and use these all the time and they use a lot fewer pages.
I do not believe NICEIC require you to use their forms, they may expect it but it is not required.

As mentioned you can use any form based on the BS7671 model forms,You can actually buy disks preloaded with the new certificates,and can add your own logo(s),make a pdf copy,email them if thats easier and hold a copy on file in a electronic folder,elecsa have an online facilty I think it is all part of certsure(niceic aswell) they charge £1 per certificate + usual notification fees if required.

Reply to Electrical Installation Cert in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I'm installing a Hoover oven and would like a little help please. The oven code is HOC3158IN. The oven manual states "The power cable must...
Replies
Views
Morning all, We are looking at qualification requirements for inspection and testing to BS EN 60204, all of our work is past the main isolator of...
Replies
Views
Hi all, New to the forum. I have been asked to look at this for one of our guys who's had an issue onsite after some electrical works had been...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone! Im not an electrician but just a guy looking for a possible answer before I call my electricity supplier. Every month without fail...
Replies
Views
Hi fellow sparks, I've just started out on my own so I'm spending a lot of my time trying to find out the correct way of doing things of...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock