Discuss Electrical Installation Cert in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

TJC1

-
Reaction score
Electrical Installation Certificates.

Evening, just finished my initial verification and periodic inspection courses at college. Just starting to get more involved with the testing paperwork at my company. Currently my farther/boss always hands writes the domestic installation and minor work forms on an niceic duplicate pad. I how ever want to bring him to the 21st century. What do people do for there forms? Do you use the niceic online forms? Or still hand write them, one to keep and one for the customer? I did hear that you can use a template test form?? Doesnt need to be an niceic form?

Many thanks guys for some advice

You can use any form you want, as long as it's based on the IET model forms.
You are supposed to keep copies (I believe for 10 years), but these can be on your computer or some other form of electronic media.

Ive made myself some Spread Sheet versions of the Forms, EIC (Single) Schedule of Inspections and Schedule of Test Results.

I think some have a PDF format you can edit easy Enought.. im on Linux so its a bit of a pain for me to make it..

I would recommend you look into computer based Certs, and not just the ones "pushed" by the scams.

Sure they cost money but they look better and you can email pdf's to clients.

Ill log on to a Windows Base PC tomorrow and see if i can make a PDF file type..
Dont know if any one has brought the CD that is for sale on Ebay for the Cerf spose to be 2015

Well i dont think i can do it with the Software i have, ive tried to change it to TXT format and it looks a mess
so tried to WORD (Doc and DocX) but adobe want CASH

Have Found a OLDer Version ( AMD2 i think) that is Editable.

Forms 17th - IET Electrical Fill Online, Printable, Fillable, Blank - PDFfiller
Click on the Form to the RIGHT (Ive tried this, but not Printed)
It then Lets you EDIT, i would suggest ZOOMING in to Write Text to get it in the correct place
you also have a TOOLS Tab at the TOP, that lets you STAMP a TICK (not talking the Blood sucking ones)
Once finished , Click on DONE and it should have you Save and Print.
Then HERE COMES THE MONEy 46 Pounds a Year :(

I'll keep looking for a easy way

Well i dont think i can do it with the Software i have, ive tried to change it to TXT format and it looks a mess
so tried to WORD (Doc and DocX) but adobe want CASH

Have Found a OLDer Version ( AMD2 i think) that is Editable.

Forms 17th - IET Electrical Fill Online, Printable, Fillable, Blank - PDFfiller
Click on the Form to the RIGHT (Ive tried this, but not Printed)
It then Lets you EDIT, i would suggest ZOOMING in to Write Text to get it in the correct place
you also have a TOOLS Tab at the TOP, that lets you STAMP a TICK (not talking the Blood sucking ones)
Once finished , Click on DONE and it should have you Save and Print.
Then HERE COMES THE MONEy 46 Pounds a Year :(

I'll keep looking for a easy way

Which will cost you time and money!

Just bite the bullet and buy a decent programme!

Icertify app for ipad,costs about £50 a year for unlimited certs

A work colleague uses this and loves it. All certs completed on site during testing and emailed straight off. You can buy it in 3 month chunks too if you like. Works out quite cheap if you don't factor in the cost of the iPad ;)

Im pritty good with computers
First time doing it, i made the forms in MS PAINT
but someone suggested a Spread sheet so i did it that way..
the Guy who came to assess me, didnt know id made my own spread sheet
just figured i copied it out of the regs book

So i cant be that bad that he didnt notice the difference

Form1
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sowl22i0s8xe6lv/Form1A.xls?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wlzfl2d4wc3hmg1/Form1B.xls?dl=0

Form3
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ng28q65hbbzxc4l/Form3A.xls?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tm9cst6gdh73i8x/Form3B.xls?dl=0

Form4
https://www.dropbox.com/s/25p109u5075yaq0/Form4.xls?dl=0

Last edited by a moderator:
Im pritty good with computers
First time doing it, i made the forms in MS PAINT
but someone suggested a Spread sheet so i did it that way..
the Guy who came to assess me, didnt know id made my own spread sheet
just figured i copied it out of the regs book

So i cant be that bad that he didnt notice the difference

That looks a good job there !
I have tried to make forms in Excel before but always fail. It's complications with merged cells that always ruin them.

BTW, are the colours used to do with your dyslexia ?

It was Made in LibreOffice, im very good in Excel but the cost of buying it compaired to Free.
The ERRORS on it are letters like 'g' were they over hang. I can edit it but means moving around a lot to, taking 0.5mm from one point to add to the one that needs it for the under hanging letters.

I normally go for a Light Blue colour, but as i was only brought in to it late in Life its hard to get used to it..

I do find a Deep Purple / Darkish Blue a nice colour for Glasses. Feel more Happy with the world when i have them glasses on
sadly they were 2nd hand pair from someone (not sure why) so after a bit i feel a bit sick.

Guessing the Comments are more on my BRIGHT COLOUR Editing bits (Have been told off for doing that in the past, told to use pastal colours, i sooner use bright ones so i can see the areas)

Type in the GREEN, for a Tick is 1 and 0 is Blank or N/A.
I think i should of made it so you had a example to type over

FORMS 1 a&b ie both sides, FORM 3 a&b both sides now, and FORM 4 (which to might make one so you can have two DB) so will be two FORM4s

ALSO on my Printer it works, using the LIBREOFFICE and saving in a Excel format, might not cross over as with all documents is a element of risk there,

Reply to Electrical Installation Cert in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net