Discuss Electrical Installation Certificate in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

R

raylewis

Could you guys tell what you would do ?

What if you are called to complete another Electricians work for whatever the reason
and then you have to test and certify, what would you do ?
What cert would you issue ?

Hasn't happened to me yet but it will one day

Ray:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Ray,

If you are finishing someone elses work, then you need to contact the LABC and inform them of the situation.

In most cases they will accept a PIR instead of an install cert.

If I were called to complete someone elses work, unless there were reasonable and verifiable reasons for the other spark to have left, I'd probably do a PIR before I started. I'd hate to land myself in a situation where bad-feeling between client and spark may have left an installation unsafe without checking what I'm getting in to.

Hey.

A lot would depend on how far the other spark had got. If it was early stages of first fix then chances are you could inspect what he had done and either re-do if it was bad or accept it and take it over as your own

If it was further along i.e 2nd fix then a PIR is the only way to go.

Cheers.

on the electrical installation certificate (the mulitiple signature one) you as the inspector ,tester have your very own box to put ur paw print in ,,, and the sparky who wired it has his/her own box for his/her paw print so does the designer ... on the first page it also asks you for description and extent .that way you are covered,

but if you did do the design , install etc then theres the short Electrical Installion certificate with jus the one paw print , hope this helps

You cannot issue an eic for this work Building regs part p require the installer to be registered or a notification having been made to them
If you issue an eic you are efectively taking on the resposibility for the whole of the install,because you can only notify work carried out by your enterprise
Unless it was visable for inspection then it would be taking one big chancer
Most would if they had the scenario Contact building control ,give them the situation and offer a pir

Reply to Electrical Installation Certificate in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock