Discuss ELECTRICAL INSTALLATION CERTIFICATES in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Deleted member 138473

Hi

When filling out EIC forms under a few sections (design, construction) it asks to fill in the empty line with dates for an amendment of BS7671:2018.

Will this date be 2020 now as the first amendment has been released.

I was told to N/A this part by a tutor.

Thanks.

A question on disconnection times for new distribution circuits.

I have been pulled up by the NIC for not proving to meeting disconnection times on two different certificates, highlighted below.

The single phase circuit is from a TN system and supplies a converted bus using a TT system. The cable has had the SWA and CPC isolated in an insulated box, using only the local earth stakes and bonding.

The 3 phase circuit is from a TN DB to a new DB in the same building.

From the NIC - "provide evidence showing that the two Sub mains circuits installed at the two sites attended meet disconnection time stated in regulation 411.3.2.3 and 411.3.2.4"

The below apparently does not satisfy the requirement, and I'm just not seeing the issue.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Mick

1628504517263.png

1628504606218.png

Perhaps they want to see your design calcs although if the figures used are from the BBB or OSG no lengthy design calcs should be necessary!
May have to ask your inspector to be more specific!

Were they expecting to see the 80% figure of 0.69 ohms in the max permitted box?
The 2nd one is a tad close but within it.
Looking at the 2nd certificate, the other thing that might be viewed as suspicious is that by deduction the first two circuits suggest a Ze of 0.21 ish ohms and the 3 phase circuit suggests a Ze of 0.52 ohms. Something doesn't quite add up?

Reply to ELECTRICAL INSTALLATION CERTIFICATES in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net