Discuss electrical installation condition report(niceic ones) in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

V

virgil

on page 4 of the report we have at the top outcome were we have to put thik,n/a,c1,c2,c3 and next to it we have location reference.when do we have to complete this colomn and what location reference to put in it?we have to do-it only when we have in outcome c1,c2,c3 or eaven when we have thik as well(acceptable condition)

If its a tick then nothing needs to go in there.
If you put a C1,C2,C3 etc then I put "see observation x" in the reference box x being what number observation it points to.
If its like RCD protection then you can tick it and put in reference "for circuits 1,2,3 only" ,thats if the other circuits dont need rcd protection, other wise that would be C2 or C3 then you point it to an observation..
We had our NIC yearly inspection last week and im now the QS YAY... He never said anything about the way we do the tick sheets on the certs so by that I take it we are doing them ok..

Last edited by a moderator:
Edd thank you very much for your explenation.it is wanderful that are pupil like you to get spot on profesional advice.thanks againe

Virgil,

Get hold of the NICEIC guide to Domestic Periodic Inspection testing and reporting. It has worked examples, and descriptive for completing the forms. I am not NIC, but i find this guide and other NIC books a great source of reference when i teach the 2394 and 2395 courses. This is no substitute for GN3 though.

Cheers.................Howard

section d of the report "operational limitations including the reasons(see page No )
what shall i write under this?and witch page no they refer to?

hi howard i looked at this in the morning beafore i read your mail but they refer at old periodic inspection report not at the new electrical instalation condition report as i saw.let me know if i am rong please

hi howard i looked at this in the morning beafore i read your mail but they refer at old periodic inspection report not at the new electrical instalation condition report as i saw.let me know if i am rong please

the new books do include the updated test certs but its not completley clear.
Ive writen a PDF document for all the guys at work that goes through each item in the tick sheet explaining what it means and what needs to go there. If you PM me your email address Ile send it too you, it may be of use. Ive DPN5 and IPN3 will do all when I get the time

Ive writen a PDF document for all the guys at work that goes through each item in the tick sheet explaining what it means and what needs to go there. If you PM me your email address Ile send it too you, it may be of use. Ive DPN5 and IPN3 will do all when I get the time

Hi - a newbie by the way (after being an avid watcher of the site for a while) Really interested in your PDF. How do I PM you? I get the feeling that I may have to do a few things before I can do so? Any help appreciated!!

Edd - I am really interested in your PDF offer. I am a newbie and don't seem to be able to use the PM facility?

Hi Edd, is it possible to send me a copy of your PDF document please.

Last edited:
yftam168 remove your email address, its an open forum!! Spam Spam Spam.. anyway this is my first copy of the NICEIC DPN5 domestic test sheet hope it helps. I learned a lot by doing it. as Ive said before ive got the IPN3 done as well but that needs updating..Rember nothing needs to go in the refrence location box if you tick the item
Any way TIN HAT on for people to rip me apart..
Seriously guys where ive made mistakes let me know politly so I can fix it..

Feel free to thank me if its any use :)

Attachments

• domestic tick sheet explained.doc
    90.5 KB · Views: 256
Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to electrical installation condition report(niceic ones) in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock