Discuss Electrical Installation Condition Reports in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi all,

New to this forum and just wanted to see if anyone has heard of EICR'S becoming mandotory in England.

As we know they are only a recommendation (Which I'm sure we all don't agree with)

A friend of mine went to a tech talk by NIC/EIC this week and they were talking about it becoming law for all rental properties to have this done,

Thanks
Adnan

This would be a daft mistake ......... and then a race to the bottom for worthless bits of paper ......................

The NICEIC are part of the problem ........... unless such organisations educate the public about what is required, and how long they may take, and therefore expected costs then nobody wins

Just saying

I've also heard of EICRs becoming mandatory for rentals, and as above it is open to abuse...

Who will be allowed to carry out any EICR's ? Approved contractors only or anyone with C & G 2391 or equivalent plus several years proven experience?

Hi all,

New to this forum and just wanted to see if anyone has heard of EICR'S becoming mandotory in England.

As we know they are only a recommendation (Which I'm sure we all don't agree with)

A friend of mine went to a tech talk by NIC/EIC this week and they were talking about it becoming law for all rental properties to have this done,

Thanks
Adnan

Is this like "A friend of mine has a STD..." ;););)

Hi bud,only messin'... i cannot think of anything more infuriating,than sitting through one of these self-serving,collection of the hopeful and converted...and being the one to put their hand up,ask the stinging question,and get told to "come and have a chat with us,afterwards..."

Mostly,these tech-talks,or whatever blurb they call them this week,are focused on mission pushing,sales and PR. They are an extended,scripted advert,and have neither the time or inclination,to include dissection of even mildly troubling topics.

On the several occasions i have been the poorly cat,every effort was made,to shut down,and re-start the advert...

The above may seem odd,but a good friend who works in this type of job,in the BBC,explained how these things work,by explaining how the filming of a furniture advert,with a happy family plus pets,would fail,if the cat curled one out,on the fancy sofa...:rolleyes:

Mandatory in Scotland already for rental properties......so you would hope it would slowly come into place for the rest of the uk. I know there will always be 'driveby' testers but in large it's bound to help there overall safety of rental properties.....maybe.....;). The problem is how many people are caught up with after issuing bad and clearly fake test sheets.

Mandatory in Scotland already for rental properties......so you would hope it would slowly come into place for the rest of the uk. I know there will always be 'driveby' testers but in large it's bound to help there overall safety of rental properties.....maybe.....;). The problem is how many people are caught up with after issuing bad and clearly fake test sheets.

But nobody is Policing this nor do all landlords know about it .....

if it becomes law, that will only feed the drive by testers. eicr for £50 just to give landlords a cheap tick box that's worth jack shyte.
The reason the tick boxes was added is the idea is the tester actually inspects the installation and is confirming they have.

But why did they add them to the EIC ?
Same reason people were just signing off without actually doing the inspection supposed to be forcing the tester to inspect the item and in black and white confirm you did. Due to the idiots like my old boss who expected a test to take an hour and do the basic test and put a gun to the head of the tester, it's got to pass as it is a mate of his.

Same reason people were just signing off without actually doing the inspection supposed to be forcing the tester to inspect the item and in black and white confirm you did. Due to the idiots like my old boss who expected a test to take an hour and do the basic test and put a gun to the head of the tester, it's got to pass as it is a mate of his.

The tick box exercise on an EIC is stupid imho ...

Reply to Electrical Installation Condition Reports in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock