Discuss Electrical Installation Drawings Job Opportunities in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I am looking for someone to help us out with providing electrical installation drawings for a project that we are tendering for.
We are willing to pay for the production of the drawings in Auto CAD Format.

For more information please contact me via Private Message

You could phone your local building control dept. and speak to the lads there.
They are usually up for a foreigner or know someone who is.
I got my drawings done that way for my extension and so did my neighbour.

Boydy

These drawings are for a government contract.
we have been asked to do the drawings for this tender going out which we are also applying for.
the drawings are for existing government buildings where the electrical drawings have gone missing.
we currently have the structural drawings for them but no electrical.
they have specified they must be on auto cad, which we don't have, we use smart draw which they are not happy with.

anyone interested please contact me, or if anyone knows of good private electrical design companies let me know please

No we have been asked to provide these drawings for a said company which will use them for tendering.
my tender team just asked me to find a company which can do this, so I don't know much more at the moment, apart from the client which I can't say on here

Sounds about right, the government asks a company that hasn’t a clue what they are doing to quote for a job.

Try ATOS, they’ve cost the government a fortune not saving money.

Don't get me wrong we can do it, but we use SmartDraw not AutoCAD, so we can't meet their criteria.
we where given the job which we didn't tender for. We are tendering for the install.
we have already won the manufacture tender for this company to supply the equipment.
we didn't expect this latest project but they asked us so we have to sort it

Can you not just export your smart draw file to AutoCAD format, I do not have smart draw but I thought this was standard for most CAD programs.
I have probably missed something, if so sorry.

What i don't understand is why a government contract is being issued without any electrical drawings, or at least until one or more of the contract tenderers supply such drawings.

Something just doesn't sound right to me, saying they have mislaid these drawings is also a bit of a nonsense, all government building drawings are kept in multiple formats and will not all be kept in the same location either!!

I don't really understand it either, last I heard we had won the tender to supply the lighting, then at 5pm tonight I had a call saying we have been asked to do the drawings for the first site as the original plans for the building are not available and there's a few more hundred in the same situation.
most of these buildings are a few hundred years old back in the days where no plans where made of the original build.
i know its no excuse but this is the case.
i have also been told we can't do them in smart draw, although I thought we could export them. Apparently they need to be editable after submitting them.

the missing drawings will be on a laptop at euston station lost property office.

Reply to Electrical Installation Drawings Job Opportunities in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net