Discuss Electrical installation refence methods in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Good evening

I'm a trainee electrician and currently involved in some EICRs. Was just wondering about the installation methods codes, I've been looking through the 18th edition wiring regulations but can't seem to find the code for say twin and earth cable capped in a masonry wall and so was hoping someone could help simplify these differant codes. Am I right in thinking that you would just put the worst case scenario down rather than both references

Thanks

Reference Method C (clipped direct), for example, Installation Method 20 of Table 4A2 (single-core or
multicore cables on a wooden or masonry wall).
Cable mounted on a wooden wall so that the gap between the cable and the surface is less than 0.3 times the cable
diameter. Where the cable is fixed to or embedded in a masonry wall the current-carrying capacity may be higher.
NOTE 2: The term 'masonry' is taken to include brickwork, concrete, plaster and similar (but excluding thermally insulating
materials).
Page 384 refers to....

Good evening

I'm a trainee electrician and currently involved in some EICRs. Was just wondering about the installation methods codes, I've been looking through the 18th edition wiring regulations but can't seem to find the code for say twin and earth cable capped in a masonry wall and so was hoping someone could help simplify these differant codes. Am I right in thinking that you would just put the worst case scenario down rather than both references

Thanks

When you say 'involved in some EICRs' - are you working alongside someone?

Reply to Electrical installation refence methods in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, I've recently had an oven installed by AO and afterwards I noticed in the installation instructions that the electrical connection needed...
Replies
Views
Good day. First time poster. We recently had an electrician perform the EICR, as this is a newly purchased property I thought'd I would have the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Victron Multiplus-II 5kVA inverter/charger with Pylontech US5000 batteries installed in my house along with a 6.8kWp PV array and...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Just to be clear, I'm not looking for advice on upgrading but rather just clarification of our existing setup. We need to upgrade the...
Replies
Views
Looking for a bit of advice from the wider audience / those who may have done similar before. I entered the game a bit later / in a non...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock