Discuss Electrical safety certificate? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Ross1

-
Arms
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi Guys, Ive been contacted by a shop keeper who is situated in one of the local malls, and he has asked me if i can give him a electrical safety certificate for the emergency lighting in the shop. Apparantly its for the fire brigade.

Anyone familiar with this.

I am assuming that its an EICR they are after?

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Certainly sounds like an EICR to me mate, ring the local fire service to ask exactly what they want to make sure

I think it might be an 'Emergency Lighting Completion Ceretificate' which can also be used for verification of existing systems if they specifically asked for emergency lighting certification:
It's important to remember that you will need a good knowledge or access to a copy of BS5266 before 'signing off' on the adequacy of an emergency lighting system.

Attachments

Last edited:

Ross1

-
Arms
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for the reply guys, I think I'll give the fire service a call in the morning to clarify exactly what is needed. Thanks for the file IQ! Interesting...I wasn't aware of this certificate

M

Merl

There is an Emergency Lighting Periodic Inspection And Testing Certificate. It might be this that they're wanting.As IQ states you may need BS5266 to assess if there are any deviations to the installation and the details.Try Google for the Emergency Lighting PIR Cert.Hope this helps.

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available

Reply to Electrical safety certificate? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Scolmore Electrical Products
Top Bottom