CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Electrical shower pipe connection in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi All,

I've got a job coming up to replace electric shower. The old one has this pipe connection to water inlet upwards but the new shower has got be connected from left or right positions. Had any encountered similar scenarios before and how would you connect new shower to existing pipes. I assume to use so kind of flexible elbow. But maybe there is something more.
Picture of old and new shower unit attached.
Any help would be great

Attachments

Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors

littlespark

-
Arms
Esteemed
Advent Win
That’s going to be near impossible. There’s not enough copper to get any type of elbow on there.
Can you see any water pipe on other side of the wall? Maybe repipe it from there? (Water isolating valve?)

James

-
Mentor
Arms
Supporter
Esteemed
I would defiantly be asking a plumber to do the wet work on that one.

Have you checked that the supply and cable etc. Is big enough for the new shower?

Baddegg

-
Arms
Supporter
Esteemed
As above get a plumber or at least isolate the water and remove the old shower to see how much copper tube is inside the old shower but even then I think the double elbow setup that’s there will need sorting so as it fits in the new shower....which is made worse by the painted pipes, you won’t get a fitting to seal on them, I’d also pay attention to @James advice and check cable size

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
In terms of cable size it's currently only 4mm, which I'm going to replace with 10mm one. Yeah, the pipe work seems to be not a straightforward job to say the least.

Reply to Electrical shower pipe connection in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
Top Bottom