Discuss Electrical shower pipe connection in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've got a job coming up to replace electric shower. The old one has this pipe connection to water inlet upwards but the new shower has got be connected from left or right positions. Had any encountered similar scenarios before and how would you connect new shower to existing pipes. I assume to use so kind of flexible elbow. But maybe there is something more.
Picture of old and new shower unit attached.
Any help would be great

Attachments

• Electrical shower pipe connection IMG_20191125_191749 - EletriciansForums.net
    IMG_20191125_191749.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 59
  • Electrical shower pipe connection IMG_20191125_191739 - EletriciansForums.net
    IMG_20191125_191739.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 57
That’s going to be near impossible. There’s not enough copper to get any type of elbow on there.
Can you see any water pipe on other side of the wall? Maybe repipe it from there? (Water isolating valve?)

I would defiantly be asking a plumber to do the wet work on that one.

Have you checked that the supply and cable etc. Is big enough for the new shower?

As above get a plumber or at least isolate the water and remove the old shower to see how much copper tube is inside the old shower but even then I think the double elbow setup that’s there will need sorting so as it fits in the new shower....which is made worse by the painted pipes, you won’t get a fitting to seal on them, I’d also pay attention to @James advice and check cable size

In terms of cable size it's currently only 4mm, which I'm going to replace with 10mm one. Yeah, the pipe work seems to be not a straightforward job to say the least.

also bear in mind that your PL insurance probably will not cover you for wet-panting.

In an ideal world you'd just stick a 90 elbow on it but you havnt got much to work with. For the hassle might be worth paying a plumber.

Reply to Electrical shower pipe connection in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock