Discuss Electrical Zones in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Elec96

-
Reaction score
Hi, I am in a debate with a friend who is also an electrician who is backed by his boss in this. Now I am aware of all the electrical zones like - 150mm from a ceiling and 150mm from the corner of 2 adjoining walls or partitions and horizontal or vertical from any accessory or switch gear. But the thing I don't agree with and can't seem to find any information about is that from a metal back box in a wall there is a 50mm zone all the round it? Ie. If you had two boxes in line with each other you could run the cable round the edge of the 2nd box to pass it rather than go behind it. Is this true? Thanks.

No that's incorrect and can easily be proved by reading the regs or looking at the diagram in the OSG.

I’m thinking you can. The OP might be wiring a RFC, and may be looping ends rather than daisy chain, if you get my drift. So as not to over clutter back box with additional cable, that one could pass over or underneath. It which case, this cable would be in the zone above or below this accessory. Done this in stud work or dry lined walls. Tin hat on :)

Reply to Electrical Zones in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock