Discuss Electrician gone Awol in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

If he's taken it on as a cash job and you knew that before hand then phoning his employer to deliberately land him in the doo doo would be very underhand and likely to scupper any chance at all of him coming back.
Yes I agree a bit underhand, especially as you are not sure of the reason for his phone being switched off.

I do the same , i do not want to be rude to the op but was the cost for doing it cheap .and now it will cost him more now to get a registered spark in to cert the work , then have a back street aborshnaist.

Last edited:
It hasn’t been answered how long he hasn’t been answering the phone for - since 5pm on Thursday night or 3 weeks?
If Thursday night - don’t panic Mr Mainwearing, if 3 weeks PANIC (and phone his employer and tell them that you are worried about him and you think he’s fallen down a well because Lassie told you!)

Even if the electrician did give his works phone number it wouldn't be dead. It would still ring. No company would disconnect their phones for a holiday.

Makes me laugh when peaple asking what should i do my electrican has gone missing .FFS ring the FBI or interpol.

Not everyone know what is the best option to go forward from this. It's good to look at it from the customers point of view, if the electrician has actually done a runner.

Even if the electrician did give his works phone number it wouldn't be dead. It would still ring. No company would disconnect their phones for a holiday.
May have transferred calls to a messaging center and the OP got fed up with waiting???

I will give this to some peaple that reading this post.
1 if you ring a spark up and you agree with a price and the spark has done a runner , think have paid him well , then he will return.

2 if you have not paid him then you have whats coming .
3 if a spark has retumed to the job treat him has a god .

I will give this to some peaple that reading this post.
1 if you ring a spark up and you agree with a price and the spark has done a runner , think have paid him well , then he will return.

2 if you have not paid him then you have whats coming .
3 if a spark has retumed to the job treat him has a god .
Peaple????

Hi @Rabidruffryder I hope your name is not indicative of how you treat people working for you?o_O Anyway I am not sure if it is clear to you though alluded to. If he is moonlighting then he may not be independently registered with a scheme. If that is the case you are sailing into trouble on a number of levels especially for the future sale of your property and insurance. Quite aside from the fact it is illegal to go ahead with electrical work without informing the local BC at least 48 hours prior to commencement of such work. But could be wrong maybe just maybe he is a member of a scheme in which case he can notify on your behalf. I suggest you look into this and regularise it before going any further. If you need further advice I think it has been said above but please ask for any clarification.

I spent ages trying to contact my gardener once...I was pretty annoyed that he never answered his mobile phone, nor returned my messages...then I saw his obituary in the local paper, and found out he had killed himself. Very sad.
Months later, by pure chance, I was moving some plant pots near the front door, and found the plastic bag with £100 quid in it which I had left for him for work already done. I gave it to a local mental health charity.
There's always a story...

I spent ages trying to contact my gardener once...I was pretty annoyed that he never answered his mobile phone, nor returned my messages...then I saw his obituary in the local paper, and found out he had killed himself. Very sad.
Months later, by pure chance, I was moving some plant pots near the front door, and found the plastic bag with £100 quid in it which I had left for him for work already done. I gave it to a local mental health charity.
There's always a story...
Just made my hero list @pirate!

Reply to Electrician gone Awol in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock