Discuss electrician just come out of time and not best electrician and need experience in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Lucas3

-
Reaction score
Basically the company I did my apprenticeship with are corupt as for over 2 months now I have been getting payed to sit on my --- and need experience and would go for less money just to get more experience but don't know where to turn to for help :)
Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Many thanks Lucas3

What do you mean by corupt? are they going bust or something like that?

Sounds like they are going under

What area mate ?

What's your discipline industrial, commercial or domestic.

Cheers

Have you got your papers? Make sure you have them as you have worked hard to get there. You must be thankful that at least the company you have worked for have assisted you in that. Quite often on here I see people such as yourself running down the people they are working for. Personally I think that is not good. You must take what is good from the situation and try to avoid allegations of a serious nature. If the company is in trouble and do go say bankrupt there will likely be some entity that will take them over. When and if they do then it is likely you will be taken on with them. Have you raised this matter with your supervisor?

I am sure theres plenty of firms with owners or electricians on this forum that will know of potential work. Might also be worth looking into the apprentice help section on the cscs card website as after the corillion shambles they put out a call for firms across the construction industry to create trainee places to help finish apprenticeships. They had loads of offers come in. So if you contact them they might know of vacancies in your area. Happened to a mates son. Nearly finished his plumbing apprenticeship.got laid off due to the carillion collapse and loss of work but quickly found another firm via the above.

They cannot be that bad if the have paid you for over two months to do nothing. A lot of companies I have worked for would have had you down the road by now.
Your post is a bit vague . What are the major problems?

go onto the select/niceic websites and look for registered sparkies in your area

give them an email and a copy of your c.v, failing that possibly try some agencies?

Hi,has one of the "R's" you are sat on,been stolen from "corupt"?

See what i did? :) I've already lightened the mood :cool:

I agree with those who have directed you towards taking this up with the company,who have got you to where you are.

It will much strengthen your case,and improve the advice,to be able to hear their advice.

It might well be,that they are taking liberties,but without hearing,at least their reasoning,we are going to struggle,making an informed judgement. :)

Thanks for all the advice sparky's, already got my papers, but need to build confidence in the field as been stuck doing nothing as they are just trying to get rid of me, is the agency as an improver any good? I would go for less money just to get my confidence again or if I new someone I would go work with them. I have worked on schools, apartments,arenas,shops,factories

You possibly need to be a little more positive with estimating your own ability
You have done your time and come through :thumbsup:(it usually takes years to gain the knowledge and skill you feel you lack at the moment)
Even after those years,you will still feel that there is more for you to gather,again that is normal

The field we work in is so vast, no one person is on top of it all
Maybe have more confidence in yourself,build on what you "do know" rather than focus on the deficiencies you perceive that you have

Basically the company I did my apprenticeship with are corupt as for over 2 months now I have been getting payed to sit on my --- and need experience and would go for less money just to get more experience but don't know where to turn to for help :)
Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Many thanks Lucas3

Thanks for all the advice sparky's, already got my papers, but need to build confidence in the field as been stuck doing nothing as they are just trying to get rid of me, is the agency as an improver any good? I would go for less money just to get my confidence again or if I new someone I would go work with them. I have worked on schools, apartments,arenas,shops,factories

Sounds like you are not happy, be careful though, you may get sued.

Reply to electrician just come out of time and not best electrician and need experience in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock