Discuss Electrician needing guidance on emigrating to oz in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

shaun121

Hi I'm 28 and currently a self-employed electrician wanting to permanently move to australia with my wife and kids.how to go about been a qualified electrician in oz any info would be much appreciated.
My qualifications are:
*C&G 2330 level 2 and 3
*17th edition iee wiring regs
*C&G 2399-14 level 3 photovoltaic systems.
*Btec level 3 in elec/electronic eng

Thanks in advance

Hi I'm 28 and currently a self-employed electrician wanting to permanently move to australia with my wife and kids.how to go about been a qualified electrician in oz any info would be much appreciated.
My qualifications are:
*C&G 2330 level 2 and 3
*17th edition iee wiring regs
*C&G 2399-14 level 3 photovoltaic systems.
*Btec level 3 in elec/electronic eng

Thanks in advance
Shaun watch out for them Munchkins, sorry, reckon your best bet would be to contact the Australian Embassy for info

And do some research into to costs of living as I understand it's very expensive out there now...

@KennyKen will be along in a minute to tell you how big the spiders are and how rubbish Britain is! He'll set you straight.

Lol...

Shaun I've posted on another thread pretty much detailing what's required. Can't remember the name of it but I'm sure you will find it. It's an exhausting process plus what Murdoch said is very true. More expensive here then UK. The 2008 recession is finally catching up with them now the mining boom is over but don't let that deter you.

My suggestion is that you search for an Australian electricians' forum (like this one) and ask there. At least you'll get the actual facts there, rather than what people over here suppose is the situation.

Don't worry, I've heard that all Australians are friendly folk who welcome incomers with open arms.

I live in Aus bud. So I'm clear on my facts :)

I wouldn't say Australians open their arms and friendly. I would say they tolerate 'POMS' as there is some anti English sentimate here. I came here with the same happy go lucky Australian type sterotype that I had of them and quickly realised that some off them are just not that keen. But hey ho I'm not generalising the 26 million Aussies out there but giving the OP a correct analogy rather then false facts from person's living in UK

Last edited:
Sorry Ken, I missed your 20.:oops:
The all embracing Aussie comment was a little joke....

PS, hows the Aussie rugby team doing now? DId you let them back in the country?

Yeah should of picked up on the joke. When I read it I thought "oh no. It's like reading one of them catalogs that promotes the place".

The union side is shocking. But like most aussies sports when there winning everyone here's about it but when they lose or on a shocking run they cease to exist or you'll just get that's not the preferred code here anyway.

Nope that's not correct. Australia does recognise City and Guilds training... but implements a system where a years on the job training is required to obtain the relevant licences.

KennyKen I'm based only at my brother in law stories. he went to Australia ,hmm in 99 , and he has to start a new training because his british qualifications only allowed him to work as a improver

Well like I've pointed out before.. I live here. I'm a fully licenced Electrician here. I was a JIB qualified sparkie in the U.K. And can quite honestly say that I didn't have to start at the beginning when in Aus.

Lol...

Shaun I've posted on another thread pretty much detailing what's required. Can't remember the name of it but I'm sure you will find it. It's an exhausting process plus what Murdoch said is very true. More expensive here then UK. The 2008 recession is finally catching up with them now the mining boom is over but don't let that deter you.
This post I think. Very informative and detailed.

Well like I've pointed out before.. I live here. I'm a fully licenced Electrician here. I was a JIB qualified sparkie in the U.K. And can quite honestly say that I didn't have to start at the beginning when in Aus.

Kennyken is it still possible to pass my skills assessment of I Dnt have my nvq or am2? Thanks

You need to prove a full 4 year apprenticeship no less. You will need to be an electrician with 3 years post experience. An NVQ3 and AM2 is a must otherwise you wouldn't be JIB ECS card certified.

Reply to Electrician needing guidance on emigrating to oz in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock