Discuss Electrician pay - straw poll in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

im an approved electrician, and im on £14.50 ph, with overtime rates at 1.5 for weekday/sat morning overtime, and x2 for sat afternoon and sunday. Im also supplied with a van, all PPE, testing eqt, drills ect. All i supply is myself and hand tools.

The above is across the board for the company i work for, and london rates are higher.

yeah. around £14/hour PAYE with vehicle and major tools supplied. self-employed , own van & all tools, £18 - £25/hour plus travel expense.

Does it really matter what other electricians are earning?
If your guy's are doing a good job for you and you are earning well from your jobs, so can afford to pay them a little more, then pay them.
If on the other hand they are leaving and going elsewhere then you may not be paying them enough.
Local market forces determine how much something costs, not a national poll.

It depends where you are in the country, there are massive regional variations.
Down here in the south you've got to be looking at 200-250 a day on solar if your subbing. Some of the figures above are for employed sparks which is very different to subbies.

Ultimately, as above, it depends what quality of people you want working for you and how much you value their ability. What value do they ad to your business?

Last edited by a moderator:
I know one subbie who is on £850 for a 4KW system. He has to pay his roofer,own van, b&b if he has to travel and fuel.
They can install a 4KW in one day and they are not sloppy, only cheat is they use click fit.

thats as an employee, thats not the same as subbing. It's not clear form the original post if you mean emplyee electricians or subbies.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Electrician pay - straw poll in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock