Discuss Electrician Terminology - Spoken Around the Building Site? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

House Basher, a so called electrician who does only new builds, which in all honesty yer Wife or GF could do it after a week or so.
Wood Butcher Carpebter.

Ba-stard site agent

Muck, Mortar for filling in chases, well I used to when I wer a Lad

Dip Stick, Apprentice Mate what ever

Kleins, Pliers for the Americans among us

Scran, Sarnies

Brew, Tea or Red Wine in my case.

Poxy, chippies, Plasterers, Plumbers anyone who isn't an Electrician

I could go on.

Irish screwdriver = Hammer

Little Scrote, Apprentice, only kidding,
Long Weight
Bucket of Steam
Tartan Paint
Go and get my hole saw sharpened
3/4" holes
Sky hooks
etc etc

Spreads, Plasterers
Paddies (it was OK in those days) ground workers

Not been on here for a long while, sorry!

"Labrador" doesn't always go down very well with the labourers on site at times!!
Slappies - Painters

You will know when another tradesman thinks he is a bit of an electrician when you hear him say "Megger it". Ive never "Meggered" anything. Im a Kewtech kind guy :tongueclosed:

You will know when another tradesman thinks he is a bit of an electrician when you hear him say "Megger it". Ive never "Meggered" anything. Im a Kewtech kind guy :tongueclosed:
and i'll bet you never say "hoover up the muck" when you use a henry.

Infinity when you get an OK IR test result

Reply to Electrician Terminology - Spoken Around the Building Site? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock