Discuss Electrician uses 1,000 volts to his advantage in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

You know what it is like when young children walk along pavements where parked vehicle ar,e and they are playing with their mates.. They are not all malicious villains .

Mind you i got a whack off my kewtech proving unit the other day. Put it in tool bag with loads of screws on top and put my hand in to rummage.for something and got a bit of a.thump of it. No lasting damage.

Mind you i got a whack off my kewtech proving unit the other day. Put it in tool bag with loads of screws on top and put my hand in to rummage.for something and got a bit of a.thump of it. No lasting damage.

That's something that's ----ing me off at the mo, how expensive proving units are for what they do, ridiculous money for what is essentially a step-up transformer/rectifier (for those that will do 12/24v I assume there's a rectifier in thier somewhere....

That's something that's ****ing me off at the mo, how expensive proving units are for what they do, ridiculous money for what is essentially a step-up transformer/rectifier (for those that will do 12/24v I assume there's a rectifier in thier somewhere....

Proving unit, 1 off purchase that should last 5 to 10 years
compared to
insurance
retraining
registration with a scheme
all the other expenses.

cheep as chips in my opinion.

Proving unit, 1 off purchase that should last 5 to 10 years
compared to
insurance
retraining
registration with a scheme
all the other expenses.

cheep as chips in my opinion.
And a potential life saver.

I fully intend to get one, they just seem ridiculously priced in comparison to other tools/instruments for what they do.

I mean you get 2/3 2-pole testers for the cost of the proving unit - it just doesn't equate well

If the zapper was controlled like an electric fence controller, so that the zap was not fatal then yes I would use it, i don't buy the story about fun loving lads !. If it's not yours then don't play with it, if you play with others stuff and you break/damage then you pay. simple. since we have stopped teaching about responsibility life has become a nigth mare for some who have made it thru hard work.

Hi - setting something with the intention to hurt someone else is not ok in my view, imagine if a kid just grabbed the handle?

I’m no lawyer, but this reliance on not causing lasting damage is a bit silly. Assault for example does not have a minimum measure of lasting damage, thankfully.

Here’s something from the law books :) .
View attachment 51033
If someone Bubby traps their property and someone gets hurt he will go to jail

The point is that there are warning signs, and audible warnings before a non lethal electric shock. If they haven’t stopped what they’re doing, they deserve to get a belt from it.

No different from someone climbing a fence which has “anti vandal paint” on it then the property getting a bill for a new pair of jeans, because sweet little Johnny, who was only playing, got black paint all over his.

Even when I was young I was told “don’t do that or you’ll go to jail” Did me just fine.

That kind of message seems to be missing on kids these days. They know damn well nothing will be done.

Reply to Electrician uses 1,000 volts to his advantage in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock