Discuss Electrician uses 1,000 volts to his advantage in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Jay 1987

-
Trainee
Reaction score

Now he has copyrighted his electrical design, and is installing for £380.

What’s our Thought’s on this ?

Hi - setting something with the intention to hurt someone else is not ok in my view, imagine if a kid just grabbed the handle?

I’m no lawyer, but this reliance on not causing lasting damage is a bit silly. Assault for example does not have a minimum measure of lasting damage, thankfully.

Here’s something from the law books :) .
Electrician uses 1,000 volts to his advantage 3EDE4FCE-FD6D-41E9-8955-00F9F1FCAC61 - EletriciansForums.net

The only thing that worries me about advertising the voltage is that people may assume that 1000v will not kill you. This can give the misconception that anything under 1000v will hurt but will not kill.

Sounds like it’s just rigged to the handles. I hear that thieves are just cutting the sides of vans with angle grinders. Just add a pair of marigolds and problem solved.

The only thing that worries me about advertising the voltage is that people may assume that 1000v will not kill you. This can give the misconception that anything under 1000v will hurt but will not kill.

It Will kill you if the shock makes you jump back into the path of a lorry.

No different to an electric fence or bird scarer and they are higher voltage 11kv so it's good for birds and beasts but not a thief, I'll have two! Anyway as kids we used to have what we considered fun, daring each other to touch the electric fence (country boy) we loved it. Nobody was harmed.

No different to an electric fence or bird scarer and they are higher voltage 11kv so it's good for birds and beasts but not a thief, I'll have two! Anyway as kids we used to have what we considered fun, daring each other to touch the electric fence (country boy) we loved it. Nobody was harmed.
And using a wet Piece of straw to get the sizzle

if he fitted 2 fly swatters in series, could he get 2000V? . ( N.B. for the pc brigade, i don't have flyphobia. i have nothing against flies).

Those old Sparkrite electronic ignition systems could give a belt of 50 to 60 thousand volts if my memory serves .

A good ignition coil will give you a belt that hurts a lot.
Nearly as much as the pain caused by banging your head on the bonnet when you jump back.
Yes , I've had a few of those caused by laziness , pulling the leads off to see what cylinder is down . Those impromptu tests are all but gone now unless it is an old classic.

I used to do exactly the same, all fun an games till my Dad said I should touch the nice metal gate post that was driven nicely into the ground at the same time.

I could never understand as a child how those fences held back the large cows until I did that.

Reply to Electrician uses 1,000 volts to his advantage in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock