Discuss Electrician walked out - worth involving NICEIC? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Long story short - our electrician walked out 2/3rds of the way through a complete rewire including a new fuse box. Is it worth complaining to NICEIC? I've got another electrician willing to finish the job; NICEIC have said they can't help with my complaint if that's the case but if the original electrician doesn't come back (he's not planning to), then where does that leave me? Any advice gratefully received
What a mess. Something is bad wrong with this project. Good luck

Not our interference (I found that question quite rude tbh). The fact that his team didn’t follow my very clear instructions and did their own thing is a completely different conversation and not the reason he walked out. Reading between the lines I think it was mainly a breakdown between him and our PM and we took the brunt of it. We’ve been left with a fusebox which has a sign on it saying not to turn on any more switches so no idea if it’s safe. All quite sad really

This is something the NICIEC could deal with

If circuits are not safe then they should not have been connected.
This is a safety issue and the NICEIC can deal with it

This is something the NICIEC could deal with

If circuits are not safe then they should not have been connected.
This is a safety issue and the NICEIC can deal with it
I really love your optimism that an organisation like the NICEIC would something
I remember a posting from a member on this site a number of years ago over an installation done by an NICEIC contractor that was so bad it warranted a complaint to the NICEIC they took no action until another member on here at the time created a show of them on the NICEIC stand at one of the ELEX shows and they then took action and paid for all the remedial works

I really love your optimism that an organisation like the NICEIC would something
I remember a posting from a member on this site a number of years ago over an installation done by an NICEIC contractor that was so bad it warranted a complaint to the NICEIC they took no action until another member on here at the time created a show of them on the NICEIC stand at one of the ELEX shows and they then took action and paid for all the remedial works
this 100% same for "Gas safe" The system in the uk is a joke

Yes. I agree

These days you are more likely to get pulled up for getting pro-nouns wrong instead of getting hauled over the coals for leaving a dangerous install

Yes. I agree

These days you are more likely to get pulled up for getting pro-nouns wrong instead of getting hauled over the coals for leaving a dangerous install
Where are your full stops and commas, Baldy 😉

So far there is NOTHING to say the install is dangerous etc . He is just covering himself and putting pressure on the client etc . WHy would it be dangerous ? Unless he planned to leave the job and had a "fiddle" with the circuits just to be a idiot as that in itself would be stupid . If he was clever he would have pulled all the connections out from the CB .

Reply to Electrician walked out - worth involving NICEIC? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock