Discuss electricians mate cv in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

-
Reaction score
Hello everyone that reads this i would like some help regarding my CV is this good enough to get a chance of an interview? please comment every advice much apprecated thank you.

PERSONAL PROFILE

As a highly motivated and committed individual I have both theoretical and practical experience within the electrical industry, through college studies and work placements. I am now looking to apply these skills to a successful career.

SKILLS & ABILITIES

• A thorough understanding of Health & Safety and Electrical Safety Rules & Regulations - holds an ECS card.
  • Full clean UK Driving Licence
  • Excellent practical skills – able to use a variety of hand & power tools.
  • Accuracy – attention to detail, able to follow instructions precisely
  • Organisation – able to plan and prioritise work load
  • Ability to work well within teams
  • Ability to work well as an individual
EMPLOYMENT HISTORY

North London Fire and Security Systems (Temp) - Fire Alarm Engineer
Jan 2008 – Mar 2008 and June 2008 – Sept 2008

• Servicing and installation of intruder alarms & fire alarms in commercial and residential properties.
  • Carried out initial installation (first fix) – fitting plastic conduit along walls
  • Fitted alarm sounders , break glass units , smoke detectors, heat detectors
  • Run FP200 cable along conduit fixings & through walls
  • Carried out second fix, connecting the wiring to the alarm sounders, break glass units smoke detectors , heat detectors
  • Fault diagnostics and repair
Flag Electrical, London (Temp) Mar 2008 –June 2008 Electricians Assistant

• Electrical upgrades to residential & commercial premises
  • Carried out an initial installation, (first fix) – fitting wiring along wall cavities and through ceilings and floors to B.S 7671 Standards
  • Mounted back- boxes on walls to take plug sockets and points
  • Carried out second fix, connecting the wiring to socket outlets, lights switches, fused spurs, light fittings, fire alarm sounders, emergency lights, garden lights
  • Earth bonding all exposed and extraneous conductive parts

Davis Property Developer, London Apr 2004 – Dec 2007
Labourer/ Handyman/ Electricians Assistant

• Refurbished houses in need of modernisation
  • Carried out first & second fix of electrical rewire to B.S 7671 Standards
  • Plumbed – fitted bathroom, toilets, sinks, running pipes under floor boards
  • Painted & decorated
  • Brick laying
  • Fitted kitchen units and appliances
Lam’s Electrical, London (Temp) Oct 2003 – Feb 2004
Electricians Mate Temporary

• Assisted with the rewiring of domestic & commercial properties
  • Run cables through conduits under floors and ceilings to B.S 7671 Standards
  • Wired up socket outlets, light fittings, switches, fused spurs, electric showers
  • Earth bonding all exposed and extraneous conductive parts
EDUCATION AND TRAINING

College of North East London (CONEL) 2004 – 2007

Course: City & Guilds 2330 Electrical Installation (Buildings & Structures)

Qualification: Electro Technical Technology level 2 (2006)
Electro Technical Technology level 3 (2007)

Salisbury School, Edmonton, London Sep 1995 – Jun 2000

Course:Math, English, Science, Business Studies, Office application

Qualification:GCSEs

REFERENCES AVAILABLE ON REQUEST

Very good, I see no reason why it shouldnt get you an interview, if you want me to be really pickey and i DO mean really pickey, I have three suggestions, firstly , (and this is only my personel opinion), I would try to lose some of the general non electrical work - assuming the job is electrically orientated if its general maintenance leave it in, secondly try not to use the term, "earth bonding", either your earthing something or your bonding it, two compleatley different things (nic snags and solutions is will put you right) , thirdly get hobbies and interests in there somewhere, I know it sounds daft but if you come across as an intresting outgoing person rather than a weekend couch potato you are more likely to get that phonecall, and thats it.
(told you it was pickey), good luck.

thank you for your advice mate.

Earthed all exposed and extraneous conductive parts. does this sound better :)

err no,

bonded all exposed etc etc,

rough guide to help you remember,

we "earth electrical items" ie shower throught the cpc connected to the met in cu
we "bond" non electrical items ie water pipes and steel buildings to prevent the introduction of an earth potential.
and we do not "earth bond" anything.

hope this helps.

A part of writing experience does anyone know how to write job related keywords to get it scan easily.

Reply to electricians mate cv in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock