Discuss electricians mate HULL (cheap) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Baker1988

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hi every one how are you all today? I am posting to see if there is any electrical mate/improver/apprentice work available i live in hull but am willing to travel.

I am 24 years old currently in my second year at college (1 day a week) doing the new c&g level 3 2357 diploma, I have a good knowlage of electricalal circuits and the 17th edition regulations i have all the regulation books, My last job was working for a agency as a electrical mate lasted 3 months (which was more like a electrician job and not a mate as i was working alone 90% of the time) working on a new school build (Andrew marval school hull) the job before that was a electrician's mate job for an agency working on a nhs hospital, I have gained a good bit of knowledge from working on this school and hospital.

I have also had 3 years experience in domestic installations from maintenance to full rewires and new builds i have all my own tools every thing including a drill and tester, I have 5 gcse's A to C i also have completed the peo nvq level 1 + 2 electrical engineering and level 2 2330 I have a valid cscs card.

I have sent my cv to a few companies hoping to hear from them but no joy as of yet just letter's saying "no work but will keep your details on file", I am cis registered so if any one has any work available i am willing to work on a self employed basis, I just do not like been out of work and i also need to work in the electrical industry for my onsite assessment's to get me through college, I have paid all my course fees in full so do not need to pay them again and i am willing to work for minimum wage part time or full time, weekends, nights, any thing ( I just need to go to college on a Thursday 08:30 to 18:00) i really need some one to give me a chance to prove my self i guarantee you will not regret it.

I have been told by my tutor that i am really good at the practical and theory side always completing my practical assignments within time and with great attention to detail, I also have got 100% on every piece of homework i have had so far i have references but i can also get a reference off my tutor to prove my competence if you want it.

Thank you for taking time to read this please email me on [email protected] i really hope to hear from you at your earliest convenience.

I go to the jobcenter website every day and also look on indeed.co.uk website every day too but there is nothing close enough that is recent I apply for ever one is see the ones in hull are really old

Keep at it mate. With the attitude you display you will get there in the end, its just tough in Hull right now. I was looking for work for nearly a year and in that time I think 10 jobs came up at the jobcentre that were suitable.
Fire that CV off to EVERY firm in town, then do it again 3 months later. Follow each letter up with a phone call.
Maybe put an advert up in all the local wholesalers too.
I have just started on my own so don't have the work to offer, but will keep you in mind if I ever do.
Best of luck mate.

Keep at it mate. With the attitude you display you will get there in the end, its just tough in Hull right now. I was looking for work for nearly a year and in that time I think 10 jobs came up at the jobcentre that were suitable.
Fire that CV off to EVERY firm in town, then do it again 3 months later. Follow each letter up with a phone call.
Maybe put an advert up in all the local wholesalers too.
I have just started on my own so don't have the work to offer, but will keep you in mind if I ever do.
Best of luck mate.

thanks mate the only work i could get was temporary through agency but now there is no agency work any where around hull, Hull is really bad for work right now well as far as i can tell i just need to be on site every now and again really as my assessor is on my back wanting to come to site to assess me but just cant get on site for that 1 day, but thanks for the advice mate i will send my cv to as many companys as i can today

Blimey, not heard that for a while. Thankfully there's better bars now if you know where to go.
Nowhere near as cheap or with the copping off guarantee though.

Anyscope in going at it alone Baker? You say you got your own gear and know what your doing. Cut out the middle man and make some flyers, business cards, introductory letters and get promoting yourself. If work is dry via agencies and hiring companies, then just give it a go yourself. Can't hurt to try and you set your own rules then, work your own hours, be your own boss.

Write up a polite, presentable and profession (the 3 p's i call them) cover letter, get your logo on there and just walk the streets posting them through letter boxes and introduce yourself as a local electrician who is young, knowledgeable and keen. Enclose a business card stapled to it on the inside and offer and incentive for them to hire you for work - such as M&S vouchers for repeat work or if they recommend you, this is what i did. So if a customer passes your details on to a friend, who subsequently orders some work that amounts to over ÂŁ100, then drop off or post ÂŁ25 M&S vouchers to old client, every customer they send your way, more vouchers. Works a charm and word of mouth will spread like wild fire.

Get a website built, just a simple, to the point one like mine below and your away with it.

When times are hard and work isn't finding you, sometimes you got to go grab the bugger by the balls mate

Hope you find something soon fella

Ben

Anyscope in going at it alone Baker? You say you got your own gear and know what your doing. Cut out the middle man and make some flyers, business cards, introductory letters and get promoting yourself. If work is dry via agencies and hiring companies, then just give it a go yourself. Can't hurt to try and you set your own rules then, work your own hours, be your own boss.

Write up a polite, presentable and profession (the 3 p's i call them) cover letter, get your logo on there and just walk the streets posting them through letter boxes and introduce yourself as a local electrician who is young, knowledgeable and keen. Enclose a business card stapled to it on the inside and offer and incentive for them to hire you for work - such as M&S vouchers for repeat work or if they recommend you, this is what i did. So if a customer passes your details on to a friend, who subsequently orders some work that amounts to over ÂŁ100, then drop off or post ÂŁ25 M&S vouchers to old client, every customer they send your way, more vouchers. Works a charm and word of mouth will spread like wild fire.

Get a website built, just a simple, to the point one like mine below and your away with it.

When times are hard and work isn't finding you, sometimes you got to go grab the bugger by the balls mate

Hope you find something soon fella

Ben

Hi I have got my own tools and I do know what I am doing I am classed as self employed cos I have a utr number but I am only in my second year (well third as i did do my level 2 2330 then got moved onto the 2357) i havnt got my 17th edition quals so cant get registered with a competent person scheme which I would have to do to go at it alone or I would do that
I was thinking of doing a website as I know alot about website design (html5, css3, javascript, php) so I recon I could make a pretty good one but as I say I would need to be registered first

For notifiable work sure, nothing stopping you making that clear in the outset and being honest. It's amazing how far a little honesty takes you in life, people lap it up apparently lol. It's a philosophy i try and stick to....until the misses asks how many pints you just drank.....

But until you've accumulated what you need to, there is still work you can do. Besides, why not just jump the queue mate and sit your 17th now... hardly like your going to fail it now is it!!

For notifiable work sure, nothing stopping you making that clear in the outset and being honest. It's amazing how far a little honesty takes you in life, people lap it up apparently lol. It's a philosophy i try and stick to....until the misses asks how many pints you just drank.....

But until you've accumulated what you need to, there is still work you can do. Besides, why not just jump the queue mate and sit your 17th now... hardly like your going to fail it now is it!!

yeah that's not a bad idea i could do minor works i got a calibrated tester and can fill the minor works cert in i might do that i could mayby also get my assessor to come out if the client dont mind.
I am going to do my 17th edition course but have not got the money spare just yet as im not working at all just college on thursdays

Thats an even better clincher "working in between college to further my qualifications to improve my career", people will jump all over the chance to help you out mate i reckon. Just add a simple pricing schedule to your letter.

Thats an even better clincher "working in between college to further my qualifications to improve my career", people will jump all over the chance to help you out mate i reckon. Just add a simple pricing schedule to your letter.

yeah thanks pal it is definatly a good idea im going to start designing flyers and that today maby get a few business cards there is a website that does 200 for free (cant remember the name but will find it) what sort of prices shall i ad every thing or just a few things?

Vista print is probably what your thinking of pal.

Here mate, your welcome to these, tailor them to however you please. But im no longer working self employed and have no need for them.

View attachment consumer unit flyer.pdf

View attachment cover note.pdf

View attachment Perdiodics.pdf

View attachment Periodic Pricing and Scope access.pdf

View attachment Portable Appliance Testing.pdf

Hope these will be of some use to you mate.

Any one else who may be interested in using them for their own marketing or whatever, help yourselves.

Ben

Vista print is probably what your thinking of pal.

Here mate, your welcome to these, tailor them to however you please. But im no longer working self employed and have no need for them.

View attachment 17002

View attachment 17003

View attachment 17004

View attachment 17005

View attachment 17006

Hope these will be of some use to you mate.

Any one else who may be interested in using them for their own marketing or whatever, help yourselves.

Ben

yeah that's who i am thinking of thanks mate im sure they will come in handy thanks

I paid a one of fee for mine mate. The bloke built mind for ÂŁ100 for me as i was having some other work done by him so he gave me a discounted rate. I don't pay any maintenance fees on it at all.

I'm dead happy with it for the money.

- - - Updated - - -

yeah that's who i am thinking of thanks mate im sure they will come in handy thanks

Your very welcome mate best of luck

Reply to electricians mate HULL (cheap) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net