Discuss Electricians - russian style in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Gavin John Hyde

-
Esteemed
Arms
Patron
Reaction score
This popped up on my suggested videos on youtube. This will be up your street @Pete999
had a watch and found it all a bit interesting. the way he joins stripped wires is certainly different compared to what we do over here! also would we ever use flexible conduit like they have done?
From my basic Russian it is a electrical firm of brothers by the name of Kravchuk in Sevastapol in Crimea.
Excuse the Russian text in the video but worth a watch.

This popped up on my suggested videos on youtube. This will be up your street @Pete999
had a watch and found it all a bit interesting. the way he joins stripped wires is certainly different compared to what we do over here! also would we ever use flexible conduit like they have done?
From my basic Russian it is a electrical firm of brothers by the name of Kravchuk in Sevastapol in Crimea.
Excuse the Russian text in the video but worth a watch.
The ones I had working for me, were practically very neat and tidy but, one or two lacked any training, of course this was in the mid 80s I expect things have got so much better. Addition they would have loved Wago connectors.

Last edited:
The ones I had working for me, were practically very neat and tidy but, one or two lacked any training, of course this was in the mid 80s I expect things have got so much better. Addition they would have loved Wago connectors.
One of the lads, sort of thought he was God's gift to Electricians, nice Lad hard worker, give him anything that wasn't a lighting job, he would get a bit flummoxed, Had a ventilation / A/C job to do, remove the A/C system and use the duct and fan just as ventilation, couldn't work out why, when he switched on the fan the contactor or, as he called it the "magneto" got hot and buzzed quite loudly. Told him to switch it off and I'll come and have a butchers at the problem, turned out the coil was rated at 220v and he had stuck it across 380v, explained what he had done wrong, and he was OK left him to it, the following day, I went for check up and found he had connected 1 side of the coil to the metal duct work, it worked after a fashion, but in the end we sent the less proficient ones on a training course in Finland, which to the likes of most of them was, generally an impossibility. He came back with a big smile on his face lots of books etc, regaling stories Finish nightlife. Oh how I miss those days, a wonderful bunch of blokes, had some good times.

Such a good accent - I wonder what a ‘camp’ Russian sounds like - I’m resisting googling it!
Nice method and fun to watch but it wouldn’t help fault finding one bit!
That is kind of permanent.
I guess that a suspended ceiling is going in there which gives some respect to the containment above it ..... mind you ‘the size of rats in Russia like baby Rottweiler’ (say in Russian accent for full effect)!

Such a good accent - I wonder what a ‘camp’ Russian sounds like - I’m resisting googling it!
Ex girlfriend was from Moldova but of russian parentage. Her accent was quite strong and words sounded very elongated and emphasised. also spoke very fast. When we visited chisinau I couldnt keep up with it. Polina's dads accent was very thick and was like all words merged into one long one and barely moved his lips when speaking.

Some nice manifold work in that toilet...but why is the WC up on a block? Have they got very long legs?
Can't see the point in all that twisting wires with a drill stuff, it takes ages and still needs heat-shrink, and a few Wagos would've done it in 2 minutes...and much easier to test/fault-find...but entertaining nevertheless!
Still, nice to see yet another use for a cordless drill...I see all the bar staff using them to put out the awnings these days.

Well, you've had to hope that that Russian electrician isn't reading this post and thinking the same thing about you.
His grandfather most probably sent my family to Siberia and in to a concentration camp whilst murdering half of them, how would you feel if they sent your Mother out to the forest to chop wood bare foot when it -20 degrees.

His grandfather most probably sent my family to Siberia and in to a concentration camp whilst murdering half of them, how would you feel if they sent your Mother out to the forest to chop wood bare foot when it -20 degrees trying to kill them off.

Reply to Electricians - russian style in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net