Discuss electricians spanner? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Is their such a thing I remember when In college they preferred us using spanners over grips for "health and safety" but cant remember the size but I'm sure one end was 17mm and other 19 but was handy for most 20s and 20 glands and lock rings/bushes etc.…so is their such a thing?

The tool kit we were first issued with when I started college had a 19mm/ 22mm spanner. That comes in useful for tightening 20s glands. Surprisingly I still have it 20 yrs on, one of the few bits of original kit I still have.

Last years ELEX show I saw a new bush spanner, it replaced the old one which I still have, sorry can't for the life of me recall the name, try googling bush spanner

Google "bush spanner" it will show the new one I talked about earlier

Really was looking for doin up glands on armoured, doing a lot of 1.5/2.5 armoured (lady went crazy with power and lighting in garden) and a spanner will really save me time stop me slipping with grips…thanks for the answers may get a bush spanner just to have always handy!

Really was looking for doin up glands on armoured, doing a lot of 1.5/2.5 armoured (lady went crazy with power and lighting in garden) and a spanner will really save me time stop me slipping with grips…thanks for the answers may get a bush spanner just to have always handy!

You mean your grip is so weak you can't use a pair of grips properly??

Good God man .. what are you eating for your breakfast in the morning??

When I was a lad I had a grip that could equal that of a Scotsman on a £10 note!!!

The only electricians spanners that i know of, are the VDE 1000V totally insulated!! lol!! A decent set of said spanners are a tad on the expensive side for most electricians though.

Although on reflection, if they can afford 200+ quid for a bleeding designer tool bag, maybe not!! lol!!

The only electricians spanners that i know of, are the VDE 1000V totally insulated!! lol!! A decent set of said spanners are a tad on the expensive side for most electricians though.

Although on reflection, if they can afford 200+ quid for a bleeding designer tool bag, maybe not!! lol!!

lol so true mate hell I saw a very cheap looking all insulated VDE Hacksaw on a website for about 80 quid

Reply to electricians spanner? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net