Discuss Electricians Wanted Immediate Start Wirinf Solar PV on Schools. 1 Month Contract. in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

D

DKS

Hey all,

We are undertaking a number of solar pv installs in the Shropshire area.

The contract will entail:

1) Connection of solar pv panels into (strings) through to DC isloators
2) Cable runs & containment to and from DC isolators - Solar panels
3) Wiring of Strings into inverters, inverters into three-phase boards
4) Test and commissioning work

If you have any solar pv installation experience then that will be beneficial but it is not essential.

Rates are good and the right candidate could earn upto £800 per week (with the right experience, and tools etc)

ESSENTIALS:
1) You must have a valid cscs card
2) Valid National Insurance Number
3) Valid UTR number
4) Own transport and tools

There are openings for two electricians OR one electrician + mate.

Start Wednesday 7th March 2012 in Shropshire.

Darren.

No roofing required on the job as a team of roofers are under taking that side of the install. This is mearly wiring of the systems. System range from 30-50kW on commercial buildings (one per week) rates are paid per system so if you are a hard worker you could complete in three days. (£800/3=£266 per day if completed in three days).

£800/per week, if my maths is correct thats £160/day - you won't be getting a message from me!

£800 per system I should have said. You will be allowed a maximum of 5 days to complete the job but I would like to think 3-4 days would be more realistic.

£800 per system I should have said. You will be allowed a maximum of 5 days to complete the job but I would like to think 3-4 days would be more realistic.
I think you will find it hard to get people out of bed for that sort of money. Well anybody who is in the pv game as they can earn that a day...good luck I hope things work out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you will find it hard to get people out of bed for that sort of money. Well anybody who is in the pv game as they can earn that a day...good luck I hope things work out.

If they have all the relevant MCS in place and can fully advertise, sell, survey, order, install, test and commission a system I'm sure they could earn that per day babba (if they could compete in such a contracting market), but we are looking for electrical labour to turn up and complete electrical works.

We have our own roofers plus labourers on-site to undertake the physical installation of all panels. ... so not a bad job for a sparky (containment and wiring). Harsh to say people would not get out of bed for £800 per job....

Agency PV electricians are working for 180-200 per day on a day rate.
Price work has to be more lucrative than day rate.
I doubt you will get any real expertise with that rate, probably a few chancers though.

Shrewsbury area here, PM me your number i ve just asked a few people i know, flat no from the amounts i gave them but could try a couple on monday, remember your in shropshire its like london prices up here,lol

I would like to say thanks to DKS for offering work to many who dont have work, most of us need to earn money and its not for us to pull the rate to bits, the guy is offering £800 per job, he not asking your opinion whether its a good rate or not, if you wont work for that rate then fine carry on as you are, but dont put him down for helping himself and others at the same time. Times are tough, and if i needed money and work then 800 a week sounds nice to me. As it happens i dont need the work.I think your downbeat attitude towards this chap is not on TBh.Rant over.

If I was in the market for this then the cscs card would put the mockers on it. I've got about 100 installations to my name (that I've installed, not that I've recruited subbies for) so doing the job is no issue.
Is the card really such a big thing?

Reply to Electricians Wanted Immediate Start Wirinf Solar PV on Schools. 1 Month Contract. in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock