Discuss electricians whats best paid in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

The amount of money to be earnt is dependent upon the desire of yourself.

Go self employed ?

- - - Updated - - -

Who needs Oscar Wilde when you have me, haha.

working for anyone but yourself is going to be on a wage basis only, above average if your lucky,
a few railway sparks i know are on around £750 per week (network rail)

if you want to earn well you have got to be working for yourself, but you have also got to be a good businesssman too not just a good sparks, which is apparently a rare combination

you also need the drive and hard work to make it work

working for a company, you become just a cost to the business and costs will always be kept to a minimum, just enough to get the job done

Sad but true

Electrician with 6 years domestic mainly experience. . Moneys not very good.. were best to be earning good money

I can only speak for London but the building game seems to be picking up again. The money isn't as great but the work is there.

However, it all seems to be self-employed so it doesn't matter how many regs you know, how neat your work is etc if you can't slog your guts out you'll be replaced.

Haha. Wouldnt mind getting on rail. Working for a company flat out.wouldnt mind getting on railway tbh.probably go self employed in a couple of year . When got more experience. No one no of any rail firms setting on. Done bits of armoured but not great deal.

Are you self employed mark what's the work like by you are you busy things picking up were I am

Steady is the word...not rushed like i was beginning of the year...I may have Friday afternoon off this week if things run smoothly.

Not half as much work about as this time last year though.

if you have only done a little bit of experience with armoured you will struggle in commercial and industrial how about basket and ladder rack or conduit?

Yeah not done much armoured. Odd bit here and there but would pick speed up. Never dobe and basket and very little tray work. But I would go in a reduced wage while got upto speed aobg as a knew there was good money to be earned

The big money is in PLC's, a good programmer can command a grand a day, and you can learn it all by yourself.

Cheers...........Howard

To be honest companies can pay good money to employees but you need to prove your worth to them. If you prove you are a cut above the rest and an asset to the company then you can earn a very good wage.

Reply to electricians whats best paid in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock